Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered the guage package but obviously it did not come in. Now the weird part. (well maybe it's not that weird) The guage package is listed on the window sticker and it was reflected in the purchase price. In other words, I paid for it. Why did I pay for something that is not available.

Of course I sent the dealer on a quest to see, "what is the deal"

I was told today that GM issued me another window sticker, this one without the guage package listed. They are evidently going to contact me about refunding my money for the option.

Now I will have 3 window stickers, one that sais the vehicle is not for sale, one that lists the guage package, and the one that does not have the package.

Has everyone that ordered the package experiencing the same?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on

Come on I know some of you guys ordered the guage package. Did you get the package, was it listed on the sticker, did you pay for the option?

has anyone heard when they are going to make available the package?

B

·
0 Posts
I think there's some earlier posts about the gauge package issue. I ordered them as well but found out before it came in that they weren't available. The gauges won't allow the ashtray to open. I thought they might have a solution for the 04s but I guess that didn't happen.

Has anyone tried to order them sparately? Don't need an ashtray! :smash

·
Registered
98 Posts
Guages were not listed even though I wanted them.

Dealer told me in about August that the factory had deleted them.

Sounds like you have a classic, rare window sticker.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rare sticker

Thats kind of what I am trying to find out. I know several of us ordered, and no one received. I was just wondering what all your window stickers showed.

The dealer told me, that GM told him, there were 5 ssr window stickers that slipped out with the gauge package listed.

Like I said, the funny part is, I paid for it as it was also on the invoice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you go to gmpartsdirect.com and put in part # 15127127 ( silver ) they list it at $ 1100.00. they will sell it for $560.58 plus shipping. but get this. they want $112.12 for shipping. if you ask me that is way to high for shipping. i plan to call them on this issue. make purchase price to be $672.70. srr 6590 ( pickup today ) slingshot yellow

R

·
0 Posts
Beware of ordering guages

F.Y.I. Before you order the gauges, better check to see that wiring is in your vehicle. I don't believe it is just a simple over the counter purchase and plug in. Parts dept. warned me of this when I checked into ordering. Computer supposedly has to be programmed for guages also. GMpartsdirect seems to be a ripoff offering lower part prices but OUT OF THIS WORLD shipping costs which allows them to make back profit. Beware!

·
Registered
181 Posts
GMPartsDirect Shipping Fees.

I too thought that the Shipping fees charged by GMPartsDirect seemed unreasonably high. That was until I read their pricing policy which states that their shipping fees INCLUDE their profit margin on the item you purchased. The base price they quote is TRUE GM Dealer COST. That's what they pay for that item. The approx. 20% shipping fee is their profit plus the shipping cost. I've bought many items from them because I could find no GM Dealer Parts Depts. that would match, or come close, to their final price including the shipping fee plus there's no sales tax on sales to states other than N.C. I think they should change their terminology on what all their shipping fees include because it does tend to scare customers off. Bottom line is, the final total price they quote is USUALLY cheaper than you can find anywhere else. Unless of course you have a excellent relationship with a specific GM Parts Dept. who will work with you. I was unable to find such a thing and therefore have saved money by ordering through them. I'll probably get "flamed" for this, but I just had to speak up for any company that saves me money. If anyone can provide me with info. on where I can buy GM factory parts for less pls. advise and I will start buying from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts