Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of these guage pods in? I have read the instrucrtions and all seems straightforward but are there any tips??? When it comes to cutting the carpet I want to error as little as possible. I have an o4 and the pod I bought is new and is the correct set for the 04. Any suggestions?? :ssr

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
Yea I just got my 05 pod yesterday and want to do it myself but am afraid.
Relax, it is very easy. The only thing you have to do is cut the carpet per the insturctions remove the padding, find the already installed connector, bolt on the bracket plug it in & snap it on the bracket, 30 minutes, tops.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gauge install

Sorry to differ but mine took over 5 hours by the time I was finished.
Had to take the waterfall and console out to get to the pigtail.
Seems that the assembler had a sense of humor and wrapped the connector around the shifter and under a bracket so you couldn't get to it after you cut the hole in the carpet.
I may be the only one that had a lot of trouble but just to let you know things are not always as they appear.
Hmmm, with the plant closing, wonder how funny that s**t is now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guage Pod Installation

I just put mine in last weekend and it took about 30 Minutes. It was pretty easy to do. I was afraid to cut the carpet...but i did and it went very well. The wireing harness was down inside the carpet on the drivers side. Had to feel for it for a minute. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
ive put in 3 sets 30min tops

·
Banned
183 Posts
sxsvnssnova said:
Sorry to differ but mine took over 5 hours by the time I was finished.
Had to take the waterfall and console out to get to the pigtail.
Seems that the assembler had a sense of humor and wrapped the connector around the shifter and under a bracket so you couldn't get to it after you cut the hole in the carpet.
I may be the only one that had a lot of trouble but just to let you know things are not always as they appear.
Hmmm, with the plant closing, wonder how funny that s**t is now.
What year is your car? This is what im afraid of

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. It took longer than anything else to cut the carpet but I was done in 20 mins. I guess it pays to read the instructions from time to time. Anyways Thanks ( and they do look good. ) :ssr

·
Registered
262 Posts
gauges

IllinoisSSR said:
What year is your car? This is what im afraid of
I have a 2003.
From what I read over the last two years, everyone had a positive easy experience putting the gauges in. I think mine was a one of a kind deal.
Everything went fine until I started fingering for the pigtail. It just wasn't where
it should have been and it downhill after that.
Go ahead and do it. I'm sure the wiring will be right where it supposed to be.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Well, mine was not sticking out at all from under the console. It was tapped to the tunnel just under the firewall side of the console. I had to fish with my fingers then I felt something but was not sure it was the pigtail. I felt the tape and started tugging at it and could hear the connector kind of ratteling so I figured I had it. It was hard to get my fingers far enough under the console lip to grab anything. Then I got lucky and was able to loosen the tape a bit and just pulled the the wire started to come with the tape. It was tapped down with blue masking tape then the whole pigtail was wrapped it violet tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts