Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Two Tone Owner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK all you experts, guess how much State Farm Insurance is giving me for my R?..
No prizes, just bragging rights!,,
It was an 03 with 132,000 miles on it, carpeted bed.
I will let you know the answer when I get my check, probably Fridayor Monday.
Good Luck, Walter :yellow::yellow:

See post 49 for the winner!

Attachments

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
So sorry your Baby got Crunched! Glad you Both were able to walk away. Have no idea what the number crunchers will come up with... $13.9 from them would be my guess. But, a Lot higher if I was to compensate you....

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Odd, it looks like it was hit from the right but the truck wheel came from the left, the other side of the road. I'd guess $12k.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,316 Posts
I will take a roll of the dice on this one. First I hope you get more then you hope for and enough to replace it, but having dealt with insurance companies I have done the dance and know it is usually not easy. Have they made any offers yet? If not I will say the first offer will be 9300-9800. The second will be around 10,500. If it was my truck my counter to their first offer would be 15,500 with a hope I could get 13,500 in the end.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,397 Posts
My guess would be $15,500 or they give you $8500 and you keep it and fix it yourself. It was well kept even if the miles were a little high. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I'm anti State Farm tinysnowplows, so I'm afraid to guess !!! :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: Told me 36 years ago I needed to teach my daughter how to drive when she was in an accident and it wasn't even her fault (that according to the THP). But seriously, I hope you do gooooood !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,487 Posts
The answer is quite simple.... Not Enough.
EXACTLY . . .

The primary reason I am trying to switch The Doophus over to Collector's Car Insurance with a stated / declared value.

The problem . . . I need a "daily driver" even though I don't drive daily. Just what I need, another "tank" to feed.

! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: !

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That is the problem. YOUR letting them set the price...........It should have been taken to a shop of your choice and had them give a prelimenary estamate. There is always a 2nd one after it is apart. Most repair shops know the number and will if they can bring your repair in line so it can be repaired. One member has the parts available....My thoughts are that you don't want to keep the truck????????

birdmans

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
That is the problem. YOUR letting them set the price...........It should have been taken to a shop of your choice and had them give a prelimenary estamate. There is always a 2nd one after it is apart. Most repair shops know the number and will if they can bring your repair in line so it can be repaired. One member has the parts available....My thoughts are that you don't want to keep the truck????????

birdmans
Don't be so Quick.... Remember when your Baby was Jammed Up... ? Damn Insurance Co. Politicians.... ( jr. lawyers)...

·
Two Tone Owner
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, this is good, stirring up the pot.
I did want the R totaled because it is 400 miles from my house and I am in Florida, 700 miles from the R.
I do not know anybody or any body shops in the area. Plus if they fixed it, I would have to have it shipped home.
Also in the collision estimate, they wanted to replace the frame with a USED one!
Now that’s a good clue on the final price, I don’t want to say what it is until I have the check in my hand.
I think it will surprise many and non lovers of State Farm!!!
GoodLuck with your guesses!!! Walter

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,635 Posts
I'm not guessing but---I understand your Thinking!! Kinda sounds like you already have their offer and are pleasantly surprised!?!? not wanting to jinx it by telling before you get the check in hand. All the best

Nick

1 - 20 of 84 Posts