Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:silver::smile2. Recently purchased my SSR, just want to know how you like yours and what do you think about running boards on them. Trying to find some to purchase. Thanks Gary

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
YOU are on a site where everyone likes there Chevy SSr convertible truck. Most prefer the boards. Some like them painted the truck's color?

Birdmans

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
Welcome to the family. :00000732:
You've found the best and only place to get the right information on SSRs.

Running boards? Personal choice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.
I like mine body color, tucked and lowered. I will eventually replace with the molded ones from MPG. There is a post concerning the running board issue. Can't seem to post the link.
In the end the thing I enjoy most is customizing my SSR with the things that blows up my skirt.
Enjoy and again welcome

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
My 2 CENTS and we all know what that is worth. The SSR was designed and styled after the 40's and 50's Chevy pickup and needs the boards. Color keyed to body color. Really protects the paint also from chips, mud, and grime, etc.

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,611 Posts
CONGRATS & WELCOME, Gary . . . from Southern Arizona.

Running Boards? . . I actually prefer the look without them but greatly appreciate the protection they afford the Body and Rear Fenders from road rocks and stuff.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,031 Posts
:silver::smile2. Recently purchased my SSR, just want to know how you like yours and what do you think about running boards on them. Trying to find some to purchase. Thanks Gary
What color is you SSR ??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the group Gary. Mine are tucked and lowered and painted. Enjoy your R

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,488 Posts
Gvsnowbird37, There is another Thread titled "Running Boards" by txbarbara that has 23 posts about that. Might check it also.

Meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
36,717 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :silver:

enjoy your permagrim!

as for running boards, your choice the SSR looks great how you dress it. :thumbs

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,503 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,525 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnati! I prefer running boards, just one man's opinion.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the family from Ga. I like the running board with paint that matches the truck color rather than brush/silver.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts