Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H.I.D. Headlight System

Lonnie, Sinister Kustoms in Plant City install a new Headlight System for me last week.

Two models, one for Running Lights/Low Beam Model 9005(H11)
High Beam Model HB3 Both are at the 6000K

Took us about an hour to install both sets. When they come on, they are not at full power; it takes a while for them to intensify. I was concerned about the heat but did not appear to any hotter than the OEM on the lens.

The running lights run at lower voltage during the day than at night. The sensor on our dash controls the voltage through the computer. After dark the lights increase to the Low Beam voltage.

The concern is that the lower voltage on the running lights may not turn them on during the day. Mine work fine.

1. Picture of system
2. Lights/wiring
3. Lonnie mounting modules on brackets.
4. Worked through the door on wheel well.
5. Plug and play harness.

Attachments

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
i like the extra door to get to them, very nice

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do you think of the light and new light pattern at night?
Greg, I don't know yet, my wife won't let me go out at night!

In fact, when I came back from Mr. Sinister's Garage she said " You can't go out and play with Lonnie anymore!"

"You always spend money".

I will try and sneak out tonight and see what they look like.

Dicktator

·
SSR AZ CREW
485 Posts
Fyi:

:right:
Been farting around with LED and HID for awhile now. The R's side markers are all LED bulbs, along with the tail light bulbs and a couple of LED smile strings under the headlights.
I installed 5000k HID for the H11 lowbeams and for the fogs. I found that the 5000k were the whitest. The 6000k were too blue for me. Haven't done the brights yet. I wanted to see how the low beams looked first.
During the day I run the fogs with the side shootin string smiles under the headlights. Removed the DLR fuse #13. The low beams still come on in low light such as entering the garage.
Here's a couple pix: (Click for larger view)

Spyder LED taillight bulbs:

I'm going to try yellow for the fogs and 4000k for the brights. IMHO the more blue the light the less effective they are on a no moon no street-light night.

Also, the three black plastic tabs that hold the HID bulbs inplace are fragile and will break off. so don't be forcing them in! :banghead

Fun fun fun! :smash

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:right:
Been farting around with LED and HID for awhile now. The R's side markers are all LED bulbs, along with the tail light bulbs and a couple of LED smile strings under the headlights.
I installed 5000k HID for the H11 lowbeams and for the fogs. I found that the 5000k were the whitest. The 6000k were too blue for me. Haven't done the brights yet. I wanted to see how the low beams looked first.
During the day I run the fogs with the side shootin string smiles under the headlights. Removed the DLR fuse #13. The low beams still come on in low light such as entering the garage.
Here's a couple pix: (Click for larger view)

Spyder LED taillight bulbs:

I'm going to try yellow for the fogs and 4000k for the brights. IMHO the more blue the light the less effective they are on a no moon no street-light night.

Also, the three black plastic tabs that hold the HID bulbs inplace are fragile and will break off. so don't be forcing them in! :banghead

Fun fun fun! :smash
Yours looks really good!!

We had fun with the three tabs also.

Dicktator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts