Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When: March 10, 2018 9:00am Where: 1657 FM 1406 Rd. Winnie, Texas 77665

Come join us and work on your SSR. We plan to have technical experts available. Order your parts. Prepare your R for the Daytona Rally. Shop will have 2 lifts, floor jacks, ramps, tools, etc.
We will end the day with Crawfish Boil / B-B-Q at same location. Please let us know if you plan to attend so we know how much food to have. Other activities planned for the day are listed below.

Flyer Link - http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/att...ds-tech-day-houston-coastal-tech-day-2018.jpg

1.) Ladies Arts & Crafts
2.) Larry's Old Time Trade Days (see link) Larrys Old Time trade Days

Other optional activities:
1.) Drive your R on Royal Purple Drag Strip $20, 29 miles west of Winnie. Street Legal Day evening of March 9th (see link) Royal Purple Raceway | NHRA Race Track Houston Texa
2.) Evening Coastal Beach Cruise on Bolivar Peninsula, 18 miles south of Winnie.

Hotels in Winnie see link below. Recommendation Hampton Inn
https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels+in+Winnie,+TX/@29.8285584,-94.3904449,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

:blue:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Anyone interested in making improvements or upgrades need to order parts now so you will have 'em in time for this Tech Day!
Should be plenty of help/support available if needed.
:ssr
Brian

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Hey Lester! Have nothing major to do, but if the lift is available I wouldn't mind putting it up in the air to check a few things. I have a few small items that I'm going to take care of, whips and jingles.
Roy Lee

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Dinerman coming with Dinerlady... Staying Friday and Saturday night.

This is going to be a great for all the SSR's in south Texas. Maybe we can get a few from South LA to come over.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,276 Posts
Hey Lester! Have nothing major to do, but if the lift is available I wouldn't mind putting it up in the air to check a few things. I have a few small items that I'm going to take care of, whips and jingles.
Roy Lee
Yea, Roy is hoping to find out why his transmission won't shift automatically, he is tired of being smoked off the line as he misses shifts........>:)

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Actually, word "on the street" is that Roy wanted to get it up on the rack to try & find the source of all the FLAMES!!! :surprise:

After all, its not only 'ON FIRE' but it also has all the 'WHIPS & JINGLES'!?!!?! :wink2:

==============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Please let us know if you plan on attending, so we can plan on amount of food.
Lunch: Burgers and Chips
Dinner: Boiled Crawfish with potatoes/corn/sausage, also Barbeque ribs & chicken.

Attending:

1. BFast
2. RedlineRyder
3. Roylee
4. Dinerman
5. True Blue
6. BlueStreak
7. Warrior
8. ssr3
9. Mike in AZ
10. Texasbaehr
11. Yellowtoy
12. MLCrisisSSR
13. TXNSSR
14. HOT-SSR
15. Reaper
16. Jellybean
17. TLM
18. river_rat
19. Skip2004
20. Curbssr
21. Roseanne
22. TLG4FUN
23. gmpartsguy
24. BAD007
25. Moose88
26. The XCepsion

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Looking at the map and finding this spot I now understand the two groups. Jody and I will be there in the morning but will need to leave in the early evening because we have reservations at a motel at San Antonio airport (4 hour drive) so Jody can catch an early flight out and I can head west Sunday morning.
Count us in.

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Lester & Brian. -- :smile2:

★★★ Please sign up Mr. & Mrs. Warrior. Don't know of anything to do on my truck (now) but we want to see everyone else. :smile2:

Going to try & get a room at the Hampton where Roy & Joyce will be.

Thanks to all for having us!! Its going to be great!! :laugh:

===============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Add ssr3 (Bob & Liz) to the list. Don't a have a to-do list yet. We will travel down on Friday Mar. 9 and stay over Saturday night the Mar. 10 @ Hampton Inn (confirmed)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,074 Posts
Looks Like Fun........

I think I'll drop in for a couple days and enjoy the south Texas hospitality. Flying into Houston on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. I'll get a room at Hampton Inn for both nights.

I have no agenda and no commitments...... Other than to hang out with a great bunch of SSR owners.... Even though I'm not bringing my SSR.

See ya soon...

Mike

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I think I'll drop in for a couple days and enjoy the south Texas hospitality. Flying into Houston on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. I'll get a room at Hampton Inn for both nights.

I have no agenda and no commitments...... Other than to hang out with a great bunch of SSR owners.... Even though I'm not bringing my SSR.

See ya soon...

Mike
This is great news!
Brian

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Hey...I think this is too much, but what about doing the C6 pan replacement? be worth the travel for me...
Dont know, you might be right about too much for a Tech Day (with others needing a lift). Some discussion should answer the question.
But... we could look/plan the job and do it at a latter date.?.
Brian

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

See ya soon...

Mike
Glad you can make it!!!!:party

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dont know, you might be right about too much for a Tech Day (with others needing a lift). Some discussion should answer the question.
But... we could look/plan the job and do it at a latter date.?.
Brian
May could come a day early, we would need to discuss. What is the expected time to replace? Are all the other components needed such a the left coast cross member etc. available? Would hate to end up tying up one of the lifts all day on the Tech Day.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts