OK, what you have all been waiting for!

HANDS ON TECH DAY!!

Saturday Oct 18th

Start at 8:00 am.

MAACO Paint Shop
505 N Us Highway 17/92
Longwood, FL 32750
Phone: (407)699-5920

Chuckster aka 6.0 TOGO will be our HOST again!

Need to sign up if you are working on your SSR.

Yes, YOU work on your SSR, we provide instruction, tools and help as needed.

You can do:

Steel Radiator Support: - remove PLASTIC OEM - Takes "shake" out of steering wheel plus you can now align front end to zero camber/zero toe. OEM "drags" tires down the road.

U.S.A Radiator Fan: - remove V/W OEM fan - U.S.A. Fan 40% more CFM. OEM V/W fan subject to failure, MOST DO!

Steel Cross Member: - remove small OEM "BAR" that support frame for roof. SSR drilled and taped for Channel Cross Member.

Frame Stiffener: - pulls frame together, eliminates squeaks, rattles, improves handling by 80%

Ignition Switch: D1246D by ACDelco. Be sure has "grey" cover on one side. If you haven't changed you iginiton switch, you should. I do every two years.

Shift Cable Repair: - remove plastic bushing before it falls off, it will. Pete aka SSR Father had his fall OFF in the driveway at our last Tech Day!

Door Handle Repair: - repair broken PLASTIC door handle pin supports.

Change Running Lights: to Sylvania ZXE - Advance Auto, Autozone. 3times brighter than OEM, NOT hot.

Change Brake Lights: to LED, 3157-21-R -NEED to change flasher for LED to work.

Change Flasher: to LM486 Tridon by Novita

Third Blinking Brake Light:- Blinks 5 times to warn the person texting or using cell phone that you are stopping.

Hood Hydraulic Struts: - 03/04 - remove steel "noodle" hood bar. Starting in 05 ALL SSR had Hydraulic Hood Struts from Factory.

Bed Hydraulic Struts: - remove OEM bed struts that won't open you bed cover more than 1/2".

Hopefully our East Coast Mafia will help as they always do.

Instructors like, Alex, Cleve, Marty, Art, Marv, Tim, Jeff Hanover, Rusty and anyone else I may have missed.

And Roof Guru, Ed Borland aka ED in Fl

We have very STRONG Tech Instructors in Florida, hands on people. They have been with us and supported us for the last 8yrs. AND I THANK THEM!!

Dicktator

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
You will need to order your parts and have them with you.

Mike Moro

SSR Accessories - Simple Engineering

Radiator Support/Frame Stiffener/Fan/Cross Member/Hood Struts/Bed Struts will have to ordered.

Most of the small stuff I have but suggest you order what you want from Mike and get it in all one shipment.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Tech day

Bump ti bump.. Working on getting the nifty fifty's diner to provide chow and other goodies....will post when firm....chuckstr

·
Adopted August 4, 2011
274 Posts
dicktator will we be able to install red face plate's for speedo and tach and stuff. if so I will need to order red face plate's thank you very much in advance.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:yellow:

WHO YOU CALLING GENTLEMEN ? EVIDENTLY YOU DONT KNOW THESE GUYS VERY WELL. GET CLOSE TO THE DICKTATOR AND HE WILL BE IN YOUR CHECKBOOK BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. JUST SAYIN !

TONY
SSHHHH! Tony you are not even giving me a chance!

But I do it with a smile.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dicktator will we be able to install red face plate's for speedo and tach and stuff. if so I will need to order red face plate's thank you very much in advance.
Sorry Dave, Can't do faceplate change on Tech Day, have to pull dash and way to much time also need bench time.

Have to recalibrate gages, speedo, RPM, etc.

But, you can get it done at Dicktator Garage. Have red one in stock, I believe.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
First Sign up:

1. Doug Hastie aka SoonerRed, Radiator Support, ordered from Mike.
Doug will also help.
2. Art Bonadies, Fuse Box Expert. Change Cluster
3. Marty Assistant Fuse Box Expert. Change Cluster
4. Ray Getz Change Cluster

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,406 Posts
Dick,

Art and I will be there and will be happy to offer instruction.

We will be concentrating on swapping my complete dash cluster. I already have a replacement with new stepper motors installed in it. We also want to try to do Arts but may chose not to.

I also need to remove my two main hydraulic cylinders for the roof operation to have them rebuild. One of them developed a leak but want to rebuild both at the same time.

Marty ( ECM ) Phantomguy

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dick,

Art and I will be there and will be happy to offer instruction.

We will be concentrating on swapping my complete dash cluster. I already have a replacement with new stepper motors installed in it. We also want to try to do Arts but may chose not to.

I also need to remove my two main hydraulic cylinders for the roof operation to have them rebuild. One of them developed a leak but want to rebuild both at the same time.

Marty ( ECM ) Phantomguy
Marty, Changing cluster with NEW cluster?? Lots of work, need to calibrate all gages, speedo, RPM. You both will be most of the day doing that. I can come over and help you at your Home.

Remove roof hydraulic cylinders, just two lift cylinders, won't work!

Replacing roof lift cylinders with rebuilt cylinders from Top Hydraulics Inc. will ONLY blow one or more of the other six! They improve hydraulic cylinders to better than new.

NEW rebuild cylinders will now put pressure on weakest cylinder. They are ALL ten years OLD!

Klaus recommends and it has been proven by Gary Medcalf at his Dealer, do them ALL at the same time. They did just the two lift cylinders under Warranty because insurance said just to do two.

Roof worked three times and other cylinders began to leak. Insurance Co. had to pay to remove the other six, (like Klaus had told them in the first place) and send them out to be rebuilt.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
would like to change my guage cluster ,we did Sandra's the last tech session, thankd Ray
OK! Change cluster we will!!

Marty, Art and Ray will get cluster changes.

Dicktator

First Sign up:

1. Doug Hastie aka SoonerRed, Radiator Support, ordered from Mike.
Doug will also help.
2. Art Bonadies, Fuse Box Expert. Change Cluster
3. Marty Assistant Fuse Box Expert. Change Cluster
4. Ray Getz Change Cluster

·
Adopted August 4, 2011
274 Posts
Well ok dicktator. ;)) let me know when we can do it. it is on my bucket list of stuff I still need for the Rod. thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
719 Posts
Tom from Winter Springs will be attending. I would like to do fan upgrade and hood struts. Who do I order from?

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tom from Winter Springs will be attending. I would like to do fan upgrade and hood struts. Who do I order from?
Order parts from:

SSR Accessories - Simple Engineering

Mike Moro

Rad Support
Fan
Hood or Bed Struts
Frame Stiffener
Crossmember
and anything else you find on his Site.

Other "stuff" Dicktator has.

We will not be doing muffler/shocks/tips, those kind of things are not doable on Tech Day.

Dicktator

1 - 20 of 89 Posts