Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD **** SOLD ****

My new SSR came with two of the hard saddle bags installed. I'd rather have the bed space and therefor will sell. They are installed and I guess that means all of the installation hardware is there. Appear to be in nice condition although I have a problem trying to get the key out on the one bag when it is locked. Operator error or some adjustment needed, don't know. I would rather not ship due to the size. Located just north of Charlotte, NC one mile off Interstate 77. Local buyers or SSR fanatics on the road (i.e. heading south for the Daytona Rally) welcome to stop by and see. Asking $375.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Am hoping that you have the two rails to fill in the slots now covered by the bags.......It was part of the strip package and so many didn't go with the truck to a second owner.........

Bird

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Just a side note... my truck came with the hard bags too. And I thought I wanted the space as well. But after taking out the boxes, I realized I didn't have a good place for small items. I ended up putting one back in and just leaving the top of the box off. For me it works great. I have enough space for larger items as well as some where to put little things so they don't roll around. And a spare box to boot! Something to consider.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
AS I said........no plastic fake wood strips in either side rail under the bags......When he removes the bags he will need the strips for the rails to complete the finished look. Seldom to you see them for sale.........

Birdmans

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
AS I said........no plastic fake wood strips in either side rail under the bags......When he removes the bags he will need the strips for the rails to complete the finished look. Seldom to you see them for sale.........

Birdmans
Yes. You're right. If maintaining "the finished look" is important, then the wood strips will be needed. I don't have the extra strips but I never gave it much thought as I keep the bed covered with protective plastic sheeting. I tend to put a lot of different stuff in the bed so I wanted to cover the carpet and wood anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts