Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pair of hard saddle bags, keys, mounting D rings and floor mounting strip included. Barely used. These can go by USPS and the cost varies by location. Coming from Califonia. Asking $350 plus shipping. PM me.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Make sure they are well packed, with lots of extra cardboard protection. I had a set shipped in the original cardboard box. They were destroyed when they arrived, with no recourse because the box was transferred to another carrier at the border. All I salvaged were the lids after a $500 transaction.:frown2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan, I need to pull them out of storage today and will post pictures by tomorrow.

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the two hard saddle bags, two tapping plates with three wing nuts per plate, and keys for the locks. Cargo Tie Downs are not included. See pages 2-34 through 2-45 in the Owner's Manual for instructions.

SSRs have floor tracks and side rails installed for the saddle bags. SSRs come with four cargo tie downs in the rear cargo area, which I think are also called D-rings. They should be already inserted/attached to the side rails. The hard saddle bags need one tapping plate and one D-ring per side to lock in place.

Both bags fit very tightly into a big single wardrobe moving box. I would prefer to ship each one separately in a moving box (size 20" x 20" x 46"). Weight about 14 pounds for each bag. It would be wise to insure them in case of damage.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts