Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Deadwood tomorrow and bringing my plastic bags in search of a new home for them. Any advice? (605) 728-7387. I live in Sioux Falls.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,199 Posts
with everything average asking price is about $100 for the pair with both tracks, the fasteners to attach them, the upper brackets and the d rings to hold them to the upper track, with keys. If you get a good offer take it. Good Luck and enjoy the rally.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I must have been generous to the seller I bought them 10+ years ago and paid over $300 for them. I guess I don't need to bring them to Deadwood.. I'm not too interested in taking less than I paid for them. As our R's age, maybe the demand will increase. Back on shelf they go. Maybe Wild Bill will take them....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I must have been generous to the seller I bought them 10+ years ago and paid over $300 for them. I guess I don't need to bring them to Deadwood.. I'm not too interested in taking less than I paid for them. As our R's age, maybe the demand will increase. Back on shelf they go. Maybe Wild Bill will take them....
I would be interested in them if we could figure out shipping to Missouri Larry

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
I bought a spare set in 2006, in case I wanted to put them in one of the Signature trucks. I paid $450 at the time, and they arrived damaged beyond repair. Because they crossed into Canada on another shipper, UPS was off the hook, and so was the Canadian shipper. Had to throw them out, kept the lids in case I want to paint them.

Best recommendation is to purchase them locally with all components included, and avoid the risk of shipping. $300 is probably still a fair price. Anything less is a great value, especially if you can cut out shipping costs. Some sets have sold for $500 or more on EBay, plus shipping. It would take a lot more than $500 to get me to part with mine.

I would suggest you still bring them to Deadwood, if you have space available. With the number of trucks at the event, you might find a buyer who would be happy not to pay for, and take the risk of, shipping them.

One suggestion to anyone installing or removing them is to put a piece of cloth over the transom trim so it doesn't get scratched by the studs in the bottom retainer strips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts