Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking that I would like to get somthing to help organize and make my bed a little more useful. I am looking at the Saddle bags,

I wondering what is the difference between the Soft and Hard versions of the saddle bags. I have been unable to find any info on the outside demensions of these boxes, and more importantly the actual inside demensions of these Items. How easy is it to get into the bags I Plan on keeping the Tonto cover on the truck?

I was also looking at the Storage Box (17800245). My main question is does this attach to the truck so it won't move around. Will it work in conjunction with the Hard Saddle bags.

Which bags would you reccommend the soft or hard ones. Also will the Hard bags attach to my 2005 SSR.

Lastly does anyone know the part Number for the Hard Saddle Bags?

Thanks for all of your help.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
detcup4evr said:
Hi,

I am thinking that I would like to get somthing to help organize and make my bed a little more useful. I am looking at the Saddle bags,

I wondering what is the difference between the Soft and Hard versions of the saddle bags. I have been unable to find any info on the outside demensions of these boxes, and more importantly the actual inside demensions of these Items. How easy is it to get into the bags I Plan on keeping the Tonto cover on the truck?

I was also looking at the Storage Box (17800245). My main question is does this attach to the truck so it won't move around. Will it work in conjunction with the Hard Saddle bags.

Which bags would you reccommend the soft or hard ones. Also will the Hard bags attach to my 2005 SSR.

Lastly does anyone know the part Number for the Hard Saddle Bags?

Thanks for all of your help.
i have the hard boxes in my truck but only because it was a demo and had them in it already but if i had my choice the saddle bags would be the way to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I changed to soft!

Mine came with the hard bags. Took up a lot of space the soft bags come in a set of two have many pouches and look coll. They also attach to the sides with the fittings supplied..........my 2 cents. GUB

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hard Decision

I have a brand new set of hard storage with keys and attachement rails you can buy (make an offer). I bought my 04 used and the original owner ordered it with every option. I was running just the passenger side for a while, but have since taken it out because I actually need the bed width.

These are perfect condition and have never been used (I bought my SSR a year old with 3k miles and a year later have only put 2k miles on it, so the hard storage never had a chance to get used).

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,612 Posts
My 03 SSR came with the hard bags. I thought I would love them, but because they took up so much room in the truck bed and the fact that I had to pad the heck out of the covers to stop them from making rattling noises, I ended up not liking them.

My 05 SSR did not come with any bags. I purhcased the soft bags and love them. I can easily remove them by unhooking two clips (on each bag).

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Depending on what you are organinzing, the soft bags can be moved around, taken out and used elsewhere. there is also the 3 compartment (or is it 2) storage conatiner maybe for groceries. I had the hard bags, I agree they take up a lot of room, hard to use them the lid is hard to open and shut!

·
Registered
86 Posts
go with the soft bags, working in the dealer service dept. have had so many people complain about the extra noise/rattle coming from the hard style...most have chosen to change over to soft bags...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts