Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Yellow Low Mileage SSR is gone and the extra parts I bought are gone.

I just want to thank every body for their help during my buying process
and the questions you answered through my approx 2 yrs of owning.

At 67 I do not want any more so called show cars / trucks.
I will buy drivers LOL.
Well with the custom Slingshot and now doing some work on Vanderhall
that will be enough for a while to keep me busy.

I am looking for a 2012 /2013 Mini Cooper S with low miles 40k approx
for a daily driver with 6 speed.
If any one knows of one send me a e mail..

Thank You and enjoy Your SSR ing Ventures..Joe

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
The Yellow Low Mileage SSR is gone and the extra parts I bought are gone.

I just want to thank every body for their help during my buying process
and the questions you answered through my approx 2 yrs of owning.

At 67 I do not want any more so called show cars / trucks.
I will buy drivers LOL.
Well with the custom Slingshot and now doing some work on Vanderhall
that will be enough for a while to keep me busy.

I am looking for a 2012 /2013 Mini Cooper S with low miles 40k approx
for a daily driver with 6 speed.
If any one knows of one send me a e mail..

Thank You and enjoy Your SSR ing Ventures..Joe
Sorry to see you leaving the SSR family.
As for the Mini Cooper S, I had a 2012 S, it was a blast to drive when it was drivable. It was the most unreliable car I ever owned and parts were $$$$$ (It is a BMW!) If you just have to have one make sure the oil lines for the Turbo have been upgraded or replaced. the fittings leak, make a mess under the hood and then the turbo craters $$$$$. If it has over 30K miles get the cam chain tensioner replaced right away especially if you hear the dreaded death rattle under the hood. That's actually a cheap part and can be done yourself and saves an engine replacement.
Good Luck!
Greg

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Texasbaehr, a Dentist friend of ours and his wife has exactly what harleyujoe is looking for. Seemed like there was always something wrong with it and the wife was so loyal to General Motors she wouldn't even ride in it (her family was very wealthy because of GM). Well he passed away about 15 months ago and she tried to give it to me. I wouldn't accept it and I think it is still parked in their 6 car garage along with a beautiful 57 Chevy and 2 Cadillac's. She drives a Yukon or whatever Chevy makes in that size. Had a unique habit :frown2: of always leaving the key's on top of the car when he parked it in the garage. Bet I could go over there right now (if I could get in the garage) and the the keys to each vehicle would be laying right above the drivers door on the top :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Sorry to see you leaving the SSR family.
As for the Mini Cooper S, I had a 2012 S, it was a blast to drive when it was drivable. It was the most unreliable car I ever owned and parts were $$$$$ (It is a BMW!) If you just have to have one make sure the oil lines for the Turbo have been upgraded or replaced. the fittings leak, make a mess under the hood and then the turbo craters $$$$$. If it has over 30K miles get the cam chain tensioner replaced right away especially if you hear the dreaded death rattle under the hood. That's actually a cheap part and can be done yourself and saves an engine replacement.
Good Luck!
Greg
I said a "hey Joe, what you doing with a gun in your hand - I'm going to shoot my woman for messin with another man" - or something like that! HaHa!

So - off to a Mini Me

Greg - your comment about or alluding to a BMW
I always thought the BMW was a poor man's Benz until I bought my 633 CSI
What an amazing car it was
Just last week a friend reminded me of a drive I put him through with her - HaHa!

I currently own an 89 Benz 560 SEC AMG

560 SEC AMG.jpg

I would love to mate it with an 89 BMW M6 like this beauty

87 M6.jpg

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Good luck Harley, I too moved on to a more practical "normal?" car. My problem is/was couldn't justify or afford owning an R and a great driver to haul RC airplanes, multiple trips to Florida, etc.. I really miss my R, my new boring Toyota Rav4 will likely run perfect as long as I drive. BUT....I will likely look for a R bargain after my move to Florida, or at least something cool (MGB?, I don't mind working on cars! lol)

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
SUGGESTION: I have 2008 Mini Cooper S with automatic. It is faster than the 6 speed and it has paddle shifter if you really need to change gears yourself.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Good luck harleyujoe.

Appreciate the "driver" perspective. I'm 66 and plan to drive my "R" hard for as long as it holds together.

I was a big Mini fan for many years. I built 3 classic Mini's and had several parts cars to boot. Then I moved on to the new (BMW) ones and had on '04, '05 and '08. They are definitely a hoot to drive but they do tend to have service "issues". A suggestion would be to buy a low mile certified one from a MINI dealer. They come with a great maintenance and warranty package.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,469 Posts
Sorry your run with us Fanatics is over and wish you success with your mini project.... You'll soon realize that being SSR -less really sucks... At least it did for me until I purchased another one!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Huaw, you are correct! I've never missed "a car" before, and will hopefully end up with another one some day. I miss the attention it drew I guess? more than anything I've ever driven. Car people, non-car people, young, old, not sure how to describe. And was fun to drive. Time moves on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2 three wheel auto cycles are my pride and joy of today.. They get the most attention than anything else I Take to car shows.
I feel bad for guys sometimes with the attention they draw..Not Really .LOL
But its about enjoying life to the fullest for as long as you can

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
My 2 three wheel auto cycles are my pride and joy of today.. They get the most attention than anything else I Take to car shows.
I feel bad for guys sometimes with the attention they draw..Not Really .LOL
But its about enjoying life to the fullest for as long as you can
harleyujoe, just listened to this Country Classic and thought about you. The lovely Miss Jeannie Seely wrote it and Faron Young took it to the top of the Country Charts ..."Leavin' and Sayin' Goodby" "So many times I've told you I was leavin' and so many times how I tried ... But leavin'and sayin' is so much easier than sayin' Goodbye"

Enjoy your 3 Wheeler Auto Cycles ... don't feel bad, ENJOY the attention. Nothin' makes me feel any better than somebody askin' questions about the "little red truck" Rikk (yes Ri kk) at Auto Zone even came out and took pictures of it when I was gettin a Lawn Mower battery yesterday. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I really don't know how to say goodbye, I usually did it through attorneys. :seeya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts