Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
experienced a problem with the inside door handles. Tonight, while attemping to get out of the truck, I pulled on the door handle, and nothing happened. Thought the door was stuck. Apparently, the door handle will not release. Had to open the window and reach out for the ouside handle :cuss Guess I'll take it to my service department tomorrow. Heard through the grape vine that there is a major back log on this problem. Any ideas????? Thanks.
Mike :cool
Semper Fi

·
Registered
178 Posts
problems

Watch Six said:
experienced a problem with the inside door handles. Tonight, while attemping to get out of the truck, I pulled on the door handle, and nothing happened. Thought the door was stuck. Apparently, the door handle will not release. Had to open the window and reach out for the ouside handle :cuss Guess I'll take it to my service department tomorrow. Heard through the grape vine that there is a major back log on this problem. Any ideas????? Thanks.
Semper Fi

if i am not mistaken the door locks can be programmed to lock or unlock when you put the vehicle in park. you might want to refer to your owner's manual for details. if programmed to stay locked then you have to hit the unlock button on the console. :flag

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Door Handle

Took it into my service dept. It's not stuck, its broken. This is the second vehicle that our service department has seen with this problem. The entire interior mechanisim is made of plastic. The tech that is working on it says it a piece of c**p. He said there are going to be a lot more failures before the problem is resolved. But the good thing about it, it reminds me of when I was learning to drive my dads 54 GMC 3/4 ton, with a 4 speed "granny" low. When I was done, I reached out the open window to open the door, BECAUSE THE INSIDE DOOR HANDLE WAS ALWAYS BROKEN. This truck, bring back all those old memories... PRICELESS. :lol
Semper Fi

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Would'nt you know it!

Would'nt you know it c**p in a GM halo vehicle, does'nt surprise me :rolleyes: :willy:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Watch Six said:
Took it into my service dept. It's not stuck, its broken. This is the second vehicle that our service department has seen with this problem. The entire interior mechanisim is made of plastic. The tech that is working on it says it a piece of c**p. He said there are going to be a lot more failures before the problem is resolved. But the good thing about it, it reminds me of when I was learning to drive my dads 54 GMC 3/4 ton, with a 4 speed "granny" low. When I was done, I reached out the open window to open the door, BECAUSE THE INSIDE DOOR HANDLE WAS ALWAYS BROKEN. This truck, bring back all those old memories... PRICELESS. :lol
Semper Fi

I had a POS in college - you had to do that with the driver's side. That was easier than the passenger side - 'cause it was tied on with a rope. And now I'm a Safety Manager.... :lol :glol

·
Registered
262 Posts
inside door handle

Mine did the same thing last week. I just took the panel off until i get a chance to look at it. Just the usual GM crap plastic.
My '52 Chev. pickup has the same problem so I think the SSR inherited it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hope this helps...

Watch Six said:
Semper Fi

My SSR is setup to automatically unlock both doors when I put it in park. Sometimes my passenger already has the latch pulled out when that happens. Heck! I've done it myself once or twice. The only solution is to release the latch and push the unlock button.

So... ask your self, "Did I have the door latch pulled out when the door unlock was commanded?" If the answer is yes, release the latch, and push the unlock button again. If not, see the dealer.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the handle....

Hey Beer,
It's broken, not jammed because I pulled on the door handle too soon.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
76 Posts
Watch Six,

The door handle hinge point broke on my driver door. It seemed like nobody had heard of this problem, (I tried to find my old post but didn't come up with it.) I pulled the panel and found the plastic hinge broken @ the hinge pin mounting point. When the hinge pin is loose in the door the tab on the door handle doesn't push the slide forward to unlatch the door. My dealer replaced my ’04 door panel with a new ’05 panel. They said Chevy wouldn’t cover it but they covered it as a courtesy. Sounded like B.S. to me but I’ll take it.

trg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts