Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone traded-in a 2004 SSR? If so, what was your original sticker price? What did you get as a trade-in value? And how many miles did you have on the SSR?

I'm trying to do my own survey of what a fair trade-in value would be as there is no information available from Kelley Blue Book or NADA.

Thanks!

MJJ

D

·
0 Posts
I traded my 2004 SSR for a 2004 Z71 Tahoe August 2, 2004. I had every option except chrome wheels and installed the gauges when they were available. My SSR stickered for about $46,500 and the Tahoe for about $45,500. I had 8,800 miles on the SSR since it was my daily driver since February 13th. I paid $59 for the paperwork to transfer plates and title and got over $1,200 back from my GM card. I loved the SSR styling but as a daily driver I thought it best to trade for something more practical to drive through the winter. I still have my Z06 as a toy and I'm seriously considering a CTS-V in the spring.

Attachments

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
Dragon,
Is West Virginia a state where you only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new purchase? Sales tax alone would have been $3298.75 in my county in CA plus the approx $400 DMV fees for the registration fees/plates on the new vehicle. CA plates and reg fees stay with the vehicle (unless they are personalized plates). But only the personalized plates transfer not the registration fees. I paid $45 to transfer my personalized plates from the 350Z (trade-in) to my SSR but I still paid the full $400 (approx) reg fee for my SSR.

My 03 SSR with 2200 miles (09/2004) was being hinted at a trade-in value around $35K when they were getting (and did get from me) MSRP only 2.5 months ago. My SSR's MSRP was just over $46K.

There's a Chevy dealership in Folsom, CA that I tried to purchase a 2004 SSR back in June. They demanded $2K over MSRP. Yesterday, I saw an ad from this same dealership stating $3000 off MSRP on all 3 2004 SSRs in stock. That means they didn't sell any of the existing SSR stock (2) and received one more since I was there in June.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey dragon,
Nice second picture
Just what I like to see an SSR and a Cobra in a driveway
Very Cool

:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Traded my 2003 with 3093 miles in on Friday for my new C6. Got 34k in trade. Original stiker was 45k. The 2005 SSR with the LS2 has really sucked the value out of the 2003 and 2004. On the plus side, we did have at least 11k worth of fun being one of the first with an SSR!

Here is the SSR's replacement:

D

·
0 Posts
shiftz33 said:
Dragon,
Is West Virginia a state where you only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new purchase? Sales tax alone would have been $3298.75 in my county in CA plus the approx $400 DMV fees for the registration fees/plates on the new vehicle. CA plates and reg fees stay with the vehicle (unless they are personalized plates). But only the personalized plates transfer not the registration fees. I paid $45 to transfer my personalized plates from the 350Z (trade-in) to my SSR but I still paid the full $400 (approx) reg fee for my SSR.
Yes, in West Virginia we only pay the difference in the new vehicle minus what we get on trade-in. The rate is 5 per cent on cars whereas our consumer sales tax is 6 per cent.

SSRcobra,

The Cobra is an ERA with a 570 hp 427 ci side oiler. Have to drive with ear plugs to keep from losing hearing.

Steve T,

Nice C6! I love my 02 Z06 but waiting to see how the 2006 Z06 is going to be priced. That or a CTS-V will probably be my retirement present to myself.

Attachments

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
Steve T,

I love the C6! I sat in one in the local dealership on Saturday. It was a C6 with the Z51 package. MSRP was 52K+ but the dealer was adding a $10K markup to the car. The is the same pricing policy they used on the 2003 SSRs. That's why they still have 6 of their original 13 SSRs still on the lot.

I was REALLY hoping the C6 headroom would be different. When I sat in the C6, I was able to find a position for the seat where my head did not hit the roof but if the car hit any small bump my head would hit the post/seam area for the removable top. :banghead

Maybe the convertible C6!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Edmunds is off the market...

According to my sources (what new is really selling for, dealers and auctions) would have to say that Edmunds is about 6-8 weeks and $3k behind the market today. :mad

> Dealers are selling with some difficulty well equiped NEW ‘04’s for $39.5-39.9k;
> Private sales of primo (which most are) condition 03/04’s low mileage (i.e. <3,500 on the clock) for $35-37k; and
> Trades, again in primo condition, are coming in, net, at just south of $35k.

Condition (other than like new means big hit), color, and not necessarily the options determine value/price. Luggage compartment trim seems to be a must but we see little if any difference for a 1SA versus a 1SB truck as most folks cannot tell the difference!
:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
What? Still no Rebates?

Well I guess it shows what I know! I surely would have thought that with the dead sales of the 2004 SSR GM would have come out with more incentives after the Sept. 7th rebates were up. Well to my suprise not only did they not give more incentives, but they took away the $1000 dealer cash rebate :mad . Does anyone have an idea as to what's going on? If they're having trouble selling well equipt SSR's at $39.5K to $39.9K why wouldn't GM help the dealers move the 2004 SSR? I've been looking at gmbuypower.com in my area and there have been very few sales. Anyone have any ideas? I was hoping for 0% interest or more cash back to spark sales!

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
Well fellow SSR owners, I'm no longer a SSR owner as of 4:00 PM today. The new service manager started stating "well I must get the GM regional rep's approval before I can do anything on your SSR". That's even with TSB's that document what to do to fix the issue(s). That was the last straw. :cuss

I traded in my 2003 SSR (MSRP $46K) for a 2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster for a trade in value of $34500. My job is changing which will require me to be on the road rather than working from home. I need something that I can drive rather than drop off at the service department every few days/weeks. My SSR was drivable but annoying with its various rattles, tinging drive shaft, "knock,knock" HVAC blower motor and roof that would (on occasion again) produce 'Roof Cycle Timeout' errors.

My plan is to see how the 05 SSR turns out and if things look stable, I'll look at an 06/07 SSR. Since the latest word is they'll be making SSRs for the remainder of this decade.

I still support the SSR concept, just not the particular SSR I had.

This is a wonderful site for SSR owners (or former owners). I hope this site will be around a long time and I hope to be around on this site for a long time until it's the right time for me to purchase another Chevy SSR.

:flag

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
gone

Shift,

Sorry to hear your story. I hope that you do wind up with an '05 and are much happier with it.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
stick around

Keep checking in shift... Maybe now you can share the name of the dealer so we'll know to stay away and just maybe somebody at Chevy is also following the thread.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
Name of the dealership that I purchased and tried to get service from is 'Family Chevrolet' located in Shingle Springs, CA.

The dealership's owner and general manager seem to treat me fairly. But somebody seemed to "red flag" my service requests causing even the new service manager to not want to act without GM signing off on it.

The last GM rep that was out examining and/or "working" on my SSR excused every bad behavior of the SSR or "fixed" the rattle behind the passenger seat to only find out it wasn't fixed at all.

I'm going to the GM Auto Show In Motion this weekend in Sacramento. I guess I don't need to take a ride in a SSR. They limit you to one ride in a SSR or a Corvette (at least you must choose one or the other but not both). I guess I'll go for the C6 Corvette. :)

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Auto Show in Motion

I went to the Auto Show in Motion here in L.A. earlier this year after I had my SSR so I opted for the Vette. After I was in line I found out you could really put the hammer down around the course, so after I drove the Vette I went back and told the guy at the entrance that I had an SSR but I kinda babied it and I would sure like to drive the SSR so I could see what it would do around the course and after a little talking he let me go ahead and drive the SSR also. It was great getting to drive one after the other and I was amazed how well the SSR did.

·
Registered
601 Posts
lloger,

I went to the show her in Washington, DC. I was nice to see peoples faces when I drive up in a SSR. I tried to get them to let me take mine on the course since it was the last day and they were about to close. But they didn't. But I did get a chance to drive one at the show. I liked how it handled on the curves. But I couldn't get the speed off the line like mine. I think that it comes from to many people driving it and Lack of maintance.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Watching the prices

Talked to the Chevy dealer here in Johnstown, Pa. and he told me that GM has offered $500.00 off on the SSR. I'm watching this forum and keeping an eye on GM hoping to get some good pricing. Based on what I'm reading, we're figuring sometime in Jan / Feb. Does GM price / rebate differently in various parts of the country?
B. Getz

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2005 on the way

I went ahead and decided that you only live once, so I ordered a 2005 Aqua Blur SSR to get that LS2 and the heavy duty tranny. But I can't wait for any mid year changes. How often do I really try to adjust my seat with the door closed anyway? They will always be tweeking something. If you wait for every change when they are always changing something - then you'll never have a car.

My '05 SSR will built the week of 10/18 and and should be here by Thanksgiving.

The dealer offered me $34,000 for my 2004 SSR with 10,500 miles that stickered for $47,000. But, that trade-in is not locked-in. My trade will need to be re-valued at trade-in time - around Thanksgiving.

I'm thinking that by Thanksgiving all of the 2004s on dealer lots will be gone and the dealers will no longer be trying to liquidate all of their 2004 vehicles for THOUSANDS off sticker. So, I'm thinking that the market should at least stay the same and not get worse for trade-in value.

Any economists out there? Anybody else with the inside scoop? Anybody else get a trade-in value close to or better than mine?

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts