Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gina, thanks for your support for this cruise in :cool

Let's mark our calenders for the weekend of May 19- 21 for a cruise in to the Maggie Valley, NC area. Gina is stepping up to help coordinate some activies, including the chance to drive our SSR's through the mountian pass know as the Tail of the Dragon.

Here the link where Gina posted her ride last year-
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6087&highlight=tail+dragon
Let's talk it up!!
:party

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Here is the direct link to my slideshow of the dragon trip.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?adisp?a=237597&t=1&b=10016

I will start working on this trip soon. There is a lot to do in our area. There are lots of golf courses, hiking, rafting, www.wheelsthroughtime.com ,gambling, eating, the Biltmore House, etc.
Most of all great roads for cruising in your SSR.
I will plan some group activities and also leave time for people to do there own thing.

Sounds like FUN!!!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
According to the website it looks like we are sharing the weekend with bikers from Penn but I'm still game for driving the tail.

BigDaddy, when do you plan on leaving? Since we're just a few miles apart maybe we can start a convoy.

Gina, what are room rates and available places to stay in the area?

:seeya

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing in stone yet, but

I'd like to get there before 6 on Friday, so probably leaving here late morning, 10 ish. We can nail things down as we get closer, maybe meet up with the Atlanta area crowd also. Buffy?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Dragon2U said:
According to the website it looks like we are sharing the weekend with bikers from Penn but I'm still game for driving the tail.

BigDaddy, when do you plan on leaving? Since we're just a few miles apart maybe we can start a convoy.

Gina, what are room rates and available places to stay in the area?

:seeya
I havent made my books for this year yet. I will start on that today or tomorrow. That is an off weekend so rates will be good. Will let you know soon. (in the next 2-3 days. ) There are lots of different types of accomodations in the area, just depends on what you want.

FYI for anyone interested in our accomodations.
This is the link to my website
www.laurelparkinn.com
We are a small 18 room mom & pop motel.
It is a very clean facility. I have 1 part time housekeeper so I do a lot of the cleaning myself. I wont turn it over to someome else to clean completely because I feel I need to be hands on.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Gina, your place looks really nice. If I ever get to North Carolina again, I know where I'm staying!!!:seeya

·
Registered
246 Posts
Gina's Place

You can count us in for the weekend, the dates looks good and we have thought it sounded like fun since last fall when it was first discussed. We don't have easy access to the internet for the next 6 weeks or so, but I will try to keep up with what is planned. We visited Gina last fall and she gave us a tour of her motel. It is a nice clean place, pleasant rooms and rocking chairs out front-very homey.

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
woohoo said:
Gina, your place looks really nice. If I ever get to North Carolina again, I know where I'm staying!!!:seeya

Come on over and we will cruise:ssr

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Texans

Any Texans planning to make this ride? I am going and would love to convoy if anyone else wants to try and go. Plan to leave that Wednesday afternoon and overnight it along the way. Will be traveling through Arkansas and Tennessee. Taking my time.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Actually hoping to do the Hot Rod Power Tour, in June. I have a kitchen pass for that, i don't know how my wife would feel if I took off in May as well. She cannot go on all of these road trips. I mean someone has to support us, right? ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
one cool ride

Tail of the dragon is one wicked ride. Have been on it in mustangs, a corvette, and even a jeep, but never my SSR. Have seen tons of motorcycles on the Tail, and if you keep a good sharp eye out, you will see a lot of cycle parts on most of the corners. Saw a lot of those when I went it the Jeep (had to take the Tail slow in that). It will definately test your will, guts, and vehicle brakes and tires. I am in if I can swing the time off of work. It would be a great get-a-way.

Gina, my wife and I would love to come check out your inn one weekend.... when the SSR is out of the body shop, we might need to come up and see you guys.

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
jleas524 said:
Tail of the dragon is one wicked ride. Have been on it in mustangs, a corvette, and even a jeep, but never my SSR. Have seen tons of motorcycles on the Tail, and if you keep a good sharp eye out, you will see a lot of cycle parts on most of the corners. Saw a lot of those when I went it the Jeep (had to take the Tail slow in that). It will definately test your will, guts, and vehicle brakes and tires. I am in if I can swing the time off of work. It would be a great get-a-way.

Gina, my wife and I would love to come check out your inn one weekend.... when the SSR is out of the body shop, we might need to come up and see you guys.

Just got ours out to.
Come on up, we'll be back March 20th and open shortly thereafter. :ssr

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gina,
Joined this thread a bit late but I am i correct in seeing this scheduled for May of this year?? If so count me in. :seeya

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
okay, I have put in for that weekend off at work. That will give me 7-8 days in a row to get up there and enjoy it. Besides, My B-day is that week, and this seems like a good time to get away and celebrate it. Gina, look for a PM from me. about your Inn.

This sounds like a really good trip. I am looking forward to it. There is one set of waterfalls up there that you can drive behind. Thats a picture I want to get. I have one of the Mustang I had from years ago and the SSR would look great...

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
srpbaer said:
Gina,
Joined this thread a bit late but I am i correct in seeing this scheduled for May of this year?? If so count me in. :seeya
Yes the weekend of May19-21

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Was just thinking how nice your place looked Gina, when I realized you have no covered parking for the SSR's :eek , or perhaps they are in back? Are the doors big enough to get them in the rooms?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Focks said:
Was just thinking how nice your place looked Gina, when I realized you have no covered parking for the SSR's :eek , or perhaps they are in back? Are the doors big enough to get them in the rooms?
You know, believe it or not we had a dumb A__ at a Harley Rally try to park it INSIDE the room. My husband caught him though.
So bring your covers is all I can say!!!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Focks said:
An SSR in the room? Are you crazy focks? I.m just hoping my ten-gallon hat will fit in the room.:glol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts