Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek I was reading over the owners manual for the SSR and noticed that the tail gate must be closed to close the tonu cover on the bed. Is there any way one can close the bed cover and still leave the tail gate open without breaking or damaging any of the moving parts on the tailgate or cover? Most of my paintings are six feet in length, and with this short bed, at least two feet will have to stick out and rest on the tailgate in the down position.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual

:) Ron: The manual is posted right here on our forums! Just click on the pdf and download it yourself! It is awesome. I learned sooooo much from it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try this

Ron: Try this:

Owners Manuals

Come on don't be so sarcastic, At least they have the owners manuals ready Here's one in pdf format so you can get used to the truck
that we still don't have!

http://www.chevylaunch.com/PDFs/GTKY_SSR.pdf

the chevy launch site has it!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hauling

I find just the opposite I close the lid first, closing the gate 1st makes it tough to compress the air in the box. Also just hauled something long with the lid down and the gate half open. I guess i better read my manual again?

Seattle Terry

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ron: Try this:

Owners Manuals

Come on don't be so sarcastic, At least they have the owners manuals ready Here's one in pdf format so you can get used to the truck
that we still don't have!

http://www.chevylaunch.com/PDFs/GTKY_SSR.pdf

the chevy launch site has it!
How does one access the GM Launch site without the passwords they require?

·
Slingshot Rules!
63,400 Posts
:eek I was reading over the owners manual for the SSR and noticed that the tail gate must be closed to close the tonu cover on the bed. Is there any way one can close the bed cover and still leave the tail gate open without breaking or damaging any of the moving parts on the tailgate or cover? Most of my paintings are six feet in length, and with this short bed, at least two feet will have to stick out and rest on the tailgate in the down position.
I'm a little confused, Cruzned

It is recommended to close the Cargo Cover PRIOR to the Tailgate so, other than possible damage from other objects, driving with the Tailgate down should not be a issue.

! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: !

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,261 Posts
I'm a little confused, Cruzned

It is recommended to close the Cargo Cover PRIOR to the Tailgate so, other than possible damage from other objects, driving with the Tailgate down should not be a issue.

! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: ! :nono ! :willy: !
:agree always close the cover before the tailgate :yesnod

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Cover first, always.....

That's the way GM intended it anyway. I believe new R's came with this tag affixed to the covers to help "remind" those who were not familiar with it's operation [service station guys, valets, even GM sales guys:banghead]

MarcNY made this template for a new one if you'd like to copy it and hang it from the cover yourself.

As for the tailgate being down and driving it, shouldn't be a problem. But it's not designed to be very load bearing under speed and/or bumps so I'd take care there.

Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts