Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen photos of a member's tailgate with "FANATIC.COM" letters directly under his SSR logo in the lower right corner. Has anyone found a source for a set of vinyl transfer letters that will look appropriate under the SSR logo?

If we could find them, they would need to be:

1) Similar in font to the SS letters
2) Robust enough to put up with washing and waxing
3) Removeable without paint damage or staining

I don't want to re-invent anything that has already been done....... :flag

Mike

·
Registered
158 Posts
fanatic.com logo

I am the one with the fanatic.com on my tailgate under the SSR badge. A friend made it up for me so I could show my support for the group that made it possible for me to attend such an excellent event as the SSR Homecoming.

The letters were in a block letter style and in red but they could be done in any color. The vinyl lettering is the same that he uses on trailers, semi's, exterior applications. It can be removed with 3M Adhesive/Emblem Remover or eraser wheels.

I'll post another pic of it when I get home this weekend.

kroozn

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kroozn,

I think this forum is absolutely fantastic and am proud to be connected.

Looking forward to your post.

Am sending you PM also.... please check your mail.

Mike

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Fanatic Logo

I saw Kroozn's the weekend of the Homecoming. I also thought this was pretty slick and it looked great on the SSR. I'm glad to see a thread started as I had forgotten about it. I would like to see the pics too and I'm interested in trying to obtain these.

I also agree with mikem-2005
"I think this forum is absolutely fantastic and am proud to be connected".

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
kroozn said:
I am the one with the fanatic.com on my tailgate under the SSR badge. A friend made it up for me so I could show my support for the group that made it possible for me to attend such an excellent event as the SSR Homecoming.

The letters were in a block letter style and in red but they could be done in any color. The vinyl lettering is the same that he uses on trailers, semi's, exterior applications. It can be removed with 3M Adhesive/Emblem Remover or eraser wheels.

I'll post another pic of it when I get home this weekend.

kroozn
A Couple of photo's I took during cleanup after arrival in warren.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Emblem....A friend in the business

I have a friend in the business.........does all kind of vinyl work even wraps Buses and trucks and such.....Not much he can't do......He is doing a windshied piece for me,,,,, SSR fanatic.com........ The SS in (silver)----the R in (red)-----and the fanatic. com in (silver)........... I think it will be sharp.......He even wraped my door handles in hi gloss black vinyl for 7 bucks----it took all of 3 mins. The lazer cutter can whip out anything you can think of.......Have a good day.... :seeya

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Whitewolf said:
I have a friend in the business.........does all kind of vinyl work even wraps Buses and trucks and such.....Not much he can't do......He is doing a windshied piece for me,,,,, SSR fanatic.com........ The SS in (silver)----the R in (red)-----and the fanatic. com in (silver)........... I think it will be sharp.......He even wraped my door handles in hi gloss black vinyl for 7 bucks----it took all of 3 mins. The lazer cutter can whip out anything you can think of.......Have a good day.... :seeya

I have been looking for someone to do exactly this for me...send pics when it is installed...would your friend be interested in marketing this item? I would definitely buy the windshield piece!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Windshield peice

Will try to have pic's soon............Have added rear spoiler to the deck and am finishing work on scoop for the hood......will try to get a mold made for this......I think some people will like it.......If you like the 50's heritage.......will let you know on the windshiel peice.......Have a nice day :seeya

·
Registered
158 Posts
fanatic emblem

here's a pic of the vinyl fanatic.com I had cut just before the SSR Homecoming. This winter when I'm buried with LOTS OF SNOW :thumbs I'm going to work on a different font style

kroozn

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts