Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this SSR for sale anywhere. I’m asking because when I was on line searching R’s for sale I came across this one for sale in two different states, Washington and Florida. I contacted the owner but never heard back until yesterday! The gist of his story is it was his dads truck who recently passed away, he inherited it but he works overseas and is not here to drive it! The truck is with a shipping company crated and ready to go (his words) and he has given them the power to sell the truck and ship it to the new owner! The price for this nice looking 2005 is $13,500. This sounds like the proverbial scam to me and I just want to bring it to everyone’s attention!

Attachments

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,683 Posts
Yep dat be a scam for sure!! If it’s too good to be true ... it usually is! I had one like that 10-12 years ago, a 1969 Trans Am clone ... long story short, it was his brothers and he passed away and the car was sent to him in the UK .... same thing as in your story ... you send the money to a holding company and I’ll ship the car, you inspect it and tell them to release the funds .......
Be careful out there friends!!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,509 Posts
Buyer beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deal:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,459 Posts
I really like those stripes on that Pac Blue though!

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,538 Posts
On the positive side, Jon . . .

Determine the location of the SSR, then check here if there is a Fanatic in that area willing to check it out for you . . .

If the seller refuses, IT'S A SCAM. If the inspection goes as planned, YOU MAY HAVE A BARGAIN.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Easiest SCAM buster is this....When they answer or call back tell them you are ready to see it in person and you have CASH! They will tell you it’s not in the area now but relocated or at another location....which just happens to be(this is your part) where you are and within a few miles of where the vehicle is! (Your scam)Usually it ends at that point. I’ve been there done that and now I do it for SPORT just to do it. Maybe one day that “too good to be true” will happen.

OLDxR
Had to fine tune this. The experience I had dealt with a vehicle priced low, she lost her son, his baby, brought sadness seeing it so it had to go, but the car was shipped to Ashland NE ....a town just a few miles from my farm. I gave the story and never heard a word.....It was advertised in the Ft Myers FL area.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,919 Posts
Whenever you are asked to pay a third party for shipping or dealing with an overseas seller of a domestic vehicle, it is 99% a scam. Report it to whatever website they are advertising it for sale on. And if you do tell them you want to see it in person and they make excuses then that’s the 100% and I’d report it to the FBI internet crimes division.
I turned in one of these clowns in Fla years ago that was reselling the same motorcycles over and over. Location he used was an empty store front. Now he’s locked up.

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
That SSR is owned by an SSR Fanatic - wants $35k for it
Too much, but .... if you can buy it for $13.5k good luck
Sort of surprised the guy isn't working in a rain forest, or possibly on a US Navy vessel.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
That SSR is owned by an SSR Fanatic - wants $35k for it
Too much, but .... if you can buy it for $13.5k good luck
Sort of surprised the guy isn't working in a rain forest, or possibly on a US Navy vessel.
I posted "You like this" what I really mean Cash is I like what you posted !!! "SSR is owned by SSRfanantic - wants $35k for it"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts