Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers This is a true American Muscle car!! I have been jamin with Bruce Springsteen and using any excuse at all to go to the store or do errands. This truck is beyond words. I can't say enough positive things about the sound of that exhaust system. We had weather in the upper 70's yesterday and I drove everywhere with the top down. Took it down to Pungo Off Road and a guy that owns the place and just got back from the SEMA show in Vegas asked, "What is it?" Too bad he missed the ones in Vegas. I guess those 15 miles of custom jobs were just too much for him.

I need to get the cargo net for sure. I have the carpet and rails and all, but will definately need the net. Be sure to put your stuff inside at least a few inches from the tailgate when you load stuff. I had some groceries in the back and they were right on the edge of the bed and the little latch on the tailgate pinched the bag and some soda water bottles sending it squirting everywhere!!! What a mess. Glad it was soda water and not actual coke or pepsi!!! Sure did get a lot of help in the parking lot to clean it up though!

I bought a seat cover for the passenger side for my chocolate lab to ride in but it is just way too small. Yep, that big boy is gonna ride in her for sure. Just have to figure out how to cover the console with towels and the seat with the cover. The cover just won't fit quite right. Any ideas out there on that? We do agility a lot and this is pretty much my daily driver so he has to ride in it. I know what you are all thinking but hey, its a truck. Dog slobber cleans up pretty quick too. No big deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
COSCO,(AKA PRICE CLUB), SELLS A NICE QUILTED COVER, ( 56 INCHES X 48 INCHES), FOR YOUR SEATS. IT'S WASHABLE, THICK ENOUGH TO PREVENTS TOE NALE DAMAGE AND EXTREMELY DURABLE. I HAVE ONE FOR MY IRISH SETTER AND PLAN ON USING IT FOR HER WHEN MY SSR ARRIVES. GOOD LUCK

67 CORVETTE CONVERTABLE
04 PORSCHE TURBO CABRIOLET
02 PRIUS
03 SSR, TPW 12/08/03

C

·
0 Posts
I Have a "Black Lab" that has spent lots of time Riding Shotgun in my "Harley Edition Ford F-150" (leather seats)
There has not been much if any damage to seat, but the Lid for the center console has sure taken a beating, as I am sure the one in the "SSR" and body colored painted area around it will damage quite easily without protection.The best thing I have found so far for the Ford was a "Black Bath Towel"which matches the color of the interior it's easy to install,and clean

chuck

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips

:grouphug Thanks guys, I will hit the road in the am on Sunday since we have agility school in afternoon. OUr dog is such a huge part of our lives and he just has to come with us. NO big deal. Towels should work good for now but I will certainly check out Casco. Have to check BJ's too. Maybe they have something. Appreciate all of the suggestions.

·
Registered
566 Posts
MOTOR TREND AUTO SHOW (LAS VEGAS)

Just got back from the Motor Trend at the Las Vegas Convention Center..(on thru tomorrow Nov. 30..
They had one RED SSR ISA edition..I like my ISB
with the running boards..and alllllllll the other extras..
They were not able to show the engine as the metal rod
was broken...(we knew that, right? it cant hold the weight of the hood) soooooooo if someone looks under the hood I make them hold it up until the General gets the struts for it..
It was still the star attraction at the show but the Cadillac
SRL was a close second...
Mine has nearly 2300 miles so far and im allowed 5000
on the insurance...guess i need to give them a call again!!
Its fun to see how people react to this truck!!

Enjoying the ride.
Your ladyinred, Lizz:angel

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:cry Way too difficult to transport the lab in the SSR. Will have to use our mini for that and keep our maxi in the garage! Sure glad we have that mini cooper. The SSR just costs too much and the interior trim would be beat to death and all scratched up, especially the trim on the window. I tried velcro and large black towels but it just did not work to my satisfaction. My lab also tried to open the top while we were driving and you just can't lock out those controls on the console which is the ideal place for a dog to put his big foot!!!:D

C

·
0 Posts
LOL Not knowing where the controls are on the SSR I hadn't thought about that possibility, We have a "Bricklin"which has
(gull wing power doors) and my lab found that switch at about 50 MPH (1) ONE time Door opens in about 2 or 3 seconds what a rush!!!!!!!!!!Didn't fly but came close <grin>
chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts