Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally Posted by Yaller Dog
Hey, I too would like to have a front spoiler, let us know if it is the same and pre-colored to match. I am still enjoying the Dynatech SuperMaxx headers I bought from you and which you installed for me in Dallas. They are AWESOME!!

I just checked that website out...http://headersystems.com and he is right they do sound incredible.

How long did it take him to install those pipes for you? They definitely sound worth a road trip.

Addition;

After asking around at a few shop's, I must ask, why did you pick these particular Headers ("Dynatech SuperMaxx ")? Especially when there are others out there, at a cheaper price?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm not sur why

it seems to have been the installation cost. That happens when you grow older. Anyhow, the headers out of the box are simply beautiful, all shiny stainless steel ('tho not polished) and they fit well. Mine was the first 2005 they made the installment on, but I think they did a really good job. The work was done by a Certified GM Mechanic at a Chevy dealership over in Grapevine. My Gallery photos were taken by the seller at that site and there is a video on his web page. I truly believe my "pipes" are sounding better each day I drive the truck. So much so that I think I will save the $1,000 to change it out from the headers back. My exhaust is stock from just in front of the muffler, to the rear of the car. I hope this helps. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you bought the equipment and the guy at the chevy house had no qualms about installing them? There is no "Warrenty" questions for it? In essence, I could get this take it to a dealership and he would do it, with no problem, but the time needed to install them..?

G

·
Focks, You may not of relized up there in Lansing, but have the same headers and hi flo cats in front of the flomasters cat back system. I have not heard a 50 series flomaster sound like mine. Even if the headers did not help mine open up a bottle neck the sound is much better. Probaly the hiflo cats with that opened up the bottle neck choke hold the exhaust had on the engine. :thumbs

·
Registered
254 Posts
No, here's how it came about

the Supermaxx Header guy uses GM techs when they are on their own time. He has a payment arrangement directly with the mechanic. However, that mechanic is a full time employee of the Grapevine Chevy dealer, who has a space and a lift assigned to him at their facility. If an appointment can be set up a few days in advance the mechanic will reserve a block of time for that job and the dealer is in no way involved, since the mechanic is paid by the job....not a salary. The Service Manager is aware of what's going on and doesn't seem to care. However, the header seller also has a shop area over near Ft. Worth. It would be best to buy the headers from him and let him make the arrangements to put them on. He will advise where and when it can be done.
As far as warranty, my understanding is that only the parts replaced are not covered. In other words the exhaust is on you, not GM. However, I had my SSR in the shop in OKC right after putting on the headers and when I picked it up the Service guy asked where I got the headers. I told him and it didn't seem to make any difference to him. I DOUBT that a dealer would put them on for you. It took 4 hours, but mine was their first '05. They might do it faster now.

:) :)

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Why the Supermaxx headers? because if you do the research, you will find that they are the only ones that consistently perform in terms of power - not just sound good.

There are two versions. The more expensive one includes hi flow cats - that's why it is more expensive than other brands. Be sure to buy the version that incdues the hi flow cats. You want both the performance and the proper fitup they offer.

Jim G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.