Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this subject has been hashed out many times but wanted to show to those with limited income it is easy and cheap. This was 1 dollar worth of Ultra-Brite toothpaste, a 1960's buffer and 5 minutes time to do both. Then hose her off..

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,037 Posts
One of the issues I've read about on toothpaste restoration is it doesn't seem to last very long and your lenses cloud up again. But if you've got the time to redo it every so often maybe that'll work.

Dave

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,340 Posts
I know this subject has been hashed out many times but wanted to show to those with limited income it is easy and cheap. This was 1 dollar worth of Ultra-Brite toothpaste, a 1960's buffer and 5 minutes time to do both. Then hose her off..
Very interesting, Sillypuddy.

Looks very similar to the results of a Toothpaste Headlight Restoration Demonstration I witnessed at a Car Show a few years ago.

Also, the final step was a coat of regular Car Wax as LITEMUP has suggested.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best part about using the toothpaste is you take whats left in the bathroom for the next morning...Unless you have dentures..>:):yellow::glol:glol

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
The best part about using the toothpaste is you take whats left in the bathroom for the next morning...Unless you have dentures..>:):yellow::glol:glol
:|

I thought I read some where that after polishing your headlight lens, you could apply a (clear coat with anti UV properties) to extend the clearness of your lights.:nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts