Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2004 SSR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a ODBII HUD that will work on 2004 SSR ?

I am currently using an ELM327 which uses Bluetooth to old Android phone via Torque Lite.

V1.5 ELM327 II OBD 2 Bluetooth Auto Car Diagnostic Interface Scanner for Chevy | eBay

The Torque Lite app works (have Speed and Coolant Temp displayed) but does not have intensity for day light driving.

I tried EBay A8 HUD which are directly wired from ODBII to device on dash - Did not work on 04 SSR.
Worked on wife's 13 Rogue so kept device at huge discount from seller.

· Premium Member
65 Posts
Looking For A HUD Also....

I have been searching also. the last one I tried was from Scosche... Works on everything else I tried it on... All of my scan tools (Snap on, Atel and mac tech, all show speed, and tach info from the OBD2 port.. I believe most if not all of the sub 100.00 HUD's available on ebay and amazon are all manufactured by the same company just different branding. Havent pulled the trigger on the Navdy unit yet. would like to test it first before I drop 450.00.....

· Registered
2004 SSR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been searching also. the last one I tried was from Scosche... Works on everything else I tried it on... All of my scan tools (Snap on, Atel and mac tech, all show speed, and tach info from the OBD2 port.. I believe most if not all of the sub 100.00 HUD's available on ebay and amazon are all manufactured by the same company just different branding. Havent pulled the trigger on the Navdy unit yet. would like to test it first before I drop 450.00.....
I may have found one on EBay for $90 with free shipping.
Seller guaranteed that it would work on my 2004 SSR - I will test it and let you know.

· Registered
2004 SSR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
2004 SSR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The A8 type did not work for my 2004 SSR

Example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUD-Head-U...ash=item3ab04c41b0:g:wvMAAOSwLVZV2LgR&vxp=mtr
I bought this for $90 and returned it for full refund. There are many other A8 HUD on EBay that cost far less.
An earlier purchase of A8 type worked on my wife's 2013 Nissan so I kept that device (did not work on 04 SSR).

I have HyperTech Max Energy Tune installed on SSR. Went back to stock configuration but HUD did not work.

I wanted speedo and temperature displayed.
If speedo only then this A5 device should work.
http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

Currently, I am successfully using ELM327 device listed below (ODBII to Bluetooth).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-5-ELM32...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Also installed Torque Lite app on an old Android phone so I can see Speedometer and Coolant Temperature via Head Up Display.

Sorry for delayed response.
Questions ?

· Premium Member
65 Posts
John,
I have already purchased one those... and it is NOT compatible with the data output of the OBD2 port in the SSR... The HUD does not interpret the data stream and does not display any information. I have talked to several suppliers and they say it will work but they do not... I believe the OP has purchased several that do not work also....

S2NAZ,
Any ELM327 interface will work... just need to use a smartphone with torque lite to display the data
I use an ELM327 interface here at the shop when I need to do a quick code scan on a vehicle.

Cruz
Cruzers Auto

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.