Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another post asking about headers and mentioned the brands I have seen. Kooks. Stainless Works, and OBX. I know Stainless Works has a complete bolt in dual set up available. I have seen the Kooks Y pipe and seems like it has some restriction to it at some point but don't remember now where it was. I know a couple of people have said they have the OBX and said they fit good. I see the OBX available with resonators or with cats. I was wondering if anyone is running the resonators and if so how have they been? I know I had a Buick Grand National with the cat removed and it ran as clean as it did with it. So let's hear what others have had for experience with headers.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I had another post asking about headers and mentioned the brands I have seen. Kooks. Stainless Works, and OBX. I know Stainless Works has a complete bolt in dual set up available. I have seen the Kooks Y pipe and seems like it has some restriction to it at some point but don't remember now where it was. I know a couple of people have said they have the OBX and said they fit good. I see the OBX available with resonators or with cats. I was wondering if anyone is running the resonators and if so how have they been? I know I had a Buick Grand National with the cat removed and it ran as clean as it did with it. So let's hear what others have had for experience with headers.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I had a Porsche 911 with a blown cat. Swapped it out for a bypass pipe. It passed emissions with flying colors.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Have Kook's with their cats and y-pipe. No restriction at all - 3" all the way to y-pipe outlet! Now, the factory y-pipe necks down from 3" to 2.5" at the muffler entry.

Warning to anyone using headers in conjunction with the C6 oil pan. Check for clearance in the oil filter area - there was interference there with Kook's 1 3/4" headers. I ended up modifying the pan to fit!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
2,919 Posts
I think I've already shared "Thunders" Stainless Works long tube headers system... 😎 Also Ceramic lined inside and out to reduce heat to other components and into the cab!

·
HobbyBob
631 Posts
I used Kooks with the Green cats on a 3" system; dual 3"inlets and dual 3" outlets on one muffler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts