Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happend while going out for Ice Cream, a local manufacturer of Headers wants to use our SSR for the fit up and such. Long tube headers and high flow cats go on this week. The headers are made by Dynatech along with the cats. I'll post some numbers when we get the SSR back and see if there is any difference.
The headers I believe are going to be 1 3/4 pipes along with an "H" pipe for balance. They are talking of making a 2 inch for use with a blower set up. I'll post some pictures and such when we get the SSR back or ask them for some while they do the install.
When I toured their manufacturing plant it was a first class set up. Stainless headers, CNC bending machine, jigs set up for every header. Looked very professional, clean shop area and a great product.

Leo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The SSR is in the shop this week and they are starting to install the long tube headers and the high flow cats. I'll try to go up and get some pictures of the install and maybe a sound clip when it is all done. :reddevil

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds good cant wait to see and hear how it comes out. I would be interested in a system like that for my ssr. Let me know how it turns out.
Mike :cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hmmmmm....

04Z16 said:
The SSR is in the shop this week and they are starting to install the long tube headers and the high flow cats. I'll try to go up and get some pictures of the install and maybe a sound clip when it is all done. :reddevil
Did you say cats? As in more than one? So are you changing to a true dual system? That would really rock.

Diggs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will be a true dual exhaust. I am stopping by the shop on Monday to see how the install is going. Hopefully pictures soon and the SSR back. :angel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on headers.
The right side header is extremely tight. The shop had a heck of a time getting the bends right to ensure proper fit. Everything is back on the truck and we should dyno it on Monday to see how much it has picked up. I'll get some pictures of it and post when we get the truck back on Monday.
:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The new headers are in and what a difference!! We picked up 18 HP and 40 LBS of torque with just headers and the cats. The SSR sounds more aggressive but not the loud drone you get with some exhaust systems. If anyone needs some pictures and are thinking of going this route just drop a note and I'll send some out.

:seeya
Leo

P.S. The headers are made from T304 stainless. I am not sure how much the shop is going to sell the set up for but I can ask if anyone is interested. The headers are made by DynaTech.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

i had a company[modern day muscle cars] in atlanta fab up a set of 1 3/4" long tube headers. these headers were sent off to have a ceramic coating inside and out.we bolted up a set of high flow 3"dia cats,from there into a magna flow 3" x-pipe then into a flowmaster series 50 dual 3" in/out muffler. sound is sweet almost but NOT QUITE too noisy. many who have heard said it's just right

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This exhaust was just the headers and the Hi Flow cats. I have to work on the wife to get the rest of it. She doesn't want it to sound like the Z06.
The headers are not coated. They did say the right side and I can see it was extremely tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts