Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The fun starts now!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Kook’s and Thunder Stainless both being in the $1,100 range, has anyone tried OBX RACING? They’re in the under $600 range. The only review I could find was good, but hoping to hear from an SSR Fanatic before pulling the trigger
Thank in advance.
jimmd05

·
Registered
429 Posts
With Kook’s and Thunder Stainless both being in the $1,100 range, has anyone tried OBX RACING? They’re in the under $600 range. The only review I could find was good, but hoping to hear from an SSR Fanatic before pulling the trigger
Thank in advance.
jimmd05
I have kooks headers on mlne. I know of several fanatics running OBX with no problems at all.
By the way the OBK are a much easier install. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
For what it's worth, you may want to check the youtube piece on OBX headers titled "Cheap Parts Work...For Now: OBX Header Review"

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,674 Posts
I have kooks headers on mlne. I know of several fanatics running OBX with no problems at all.
By the way the OBK are a much easier install. Good luck.
You're talking my language stating "much easier to install". This especially true after doing battle with the spark plugs.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,184 Posts
Just read an article not too long ago that said the stock manifolds flow so well on the LS2 in the SSR that there is not much benefit to the cost and install of headers. The important part of the exhaust system is to split the Y pipe so you have individual pipes getting the exhaust out of the engine and also to have an X pipe in the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put them on my 05 6 spd. couple of months ago. MY pass side needed hammering. Driver side nothing. 2 1/2 Inch by 36 inch long Jones glasspacks connected to stock outlets. A little noisy. I have a lift and would not do without lift. Also would buy headers again as they are nicely made.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I installed my headers by myself about 12 years ago. Kooks 1.7/8 primary with 3 inch collector.
Car was on jack stands, let’s just say it was a 2 day challenge I would not want to do again. I have a lift now, about 7 years late for that project but o so welcome now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts