Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Day 4 more pictures. Lake on top of a mountain. To bad you can't post videos because I have some awesome ones. Check them out on SSR Fanatic Facebook page.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Day 4 more pictures. Only wildlife I saw on top mountain. Last photo is what happens went you don't follow directions.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
That is why I call this living in the beautiful Black Hills. Part of why I love this place. You folks motor safe on the way home. A killer rain and wind storm heading in Friday and extending into Nebraska.

Robert, riding that train is on my bucket list but I have only lived here 25 years so haven't gotten around to it yet. This might be the summer. You inspired me. Did you get the pictures of Zoey?

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Well done, do you happen to know what the green ceiling in the steam train was made of? It's a long shot but I thought I'd ask just in case.

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That is why I call this living in the beautiful Black Hills. Part of why I love this place. You folks motor safe on the way home. A killer rain and wind storm heading in Friday and extending into Nebraska.

Bob, riding that train is on my bucket list but I have only lived here 25 years so haven't gotten around to it yet. This might be the summer. You inspired me. Did you get the pictures of Zoey?
No picture of Zoey yet. Going to Badlands and Walls today. Going to try and get into Minuteman Missile silos first thing Friday morning. Than buggity, buggity on home.

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well done, do you happen to know what the green ceiling in the steam train was made of? It's a long shot but I thought I'd ask just in case.
Bruce, Some one told me one time but, I can't remember it. By the way coming to York, Pa to visit family last full week of June. Going to Roots in Lancaster on the 25th. How far are you from there?

·
BLU SSR
1,005 Posts

Bob, riding that train is on my bucket list but I have only lived here 25 years so haven't gotten around to it yet. This might be the summer. You inspired me. Did you get the pictures of Zoey?
Auggie is right, the Black Hills are one beautiful area--as for the Badlands, they have the most accurately descriptive name of any place I've ever been ESPECIALLY in the 100 plus summer!!!

Robert, have a great time and a safe drive home, we miss you guys here in Maggie. Oh .... DON'T PUSH THE RED BUTTON IN THE SILO!:surprise:

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
Auggie is right, the Black Hills are one beautiful area--as for the Badlands, they have the most accurately descriptive name of any place I've ever been ESPECIALLY in the 100 plus summer!!!

Robert, have a great time and a safe drive home, we miss you guys here in Maggie. Oh .... DON'T PUSH THE RED BUTTON IN THE SILO!:surprise:
You are right on the heat in the bad lands. How about 120 degrees on our Harley's one summer. Thought we were going to die. Don't do that anymore.

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Bruce, Some one told me one time but, I can't remember it. By the way coming to York, Pa to visit family last full week of June. Going to Roots in Lancaster on the 25th. How far are you from there?
It looks like a smooth upholstering material like a vinyl. Makes me wonder if it was originally fabric, wicker, leather, something pliable.

Just over 100 miles, timewise is a huge variable in York and Lancaster Counties during the tourist months.

Hey look kids a cow! I'll just stop in the middle of the road while you get out and take selfies with it.
Oh look kids a buggy! we'll just follow it for an hour to see if it can do over 15mph on the downhill. Of course we'll straddle the centerline in case the horse poops. Bet those 30 cars behind us are jealous we're so close to the buggy. :yesnod

It'll never be the same...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Day 5 Headed to The Badlands thru the south end. Mostly gravel road.. Saw some bison. Finally got on paved road. Went to Walls Drug (tourist trap), found another floozy, grabbed a bite to eat than headed back to the Badlands. They were doing a controlled burn. Saw some sheep and plenty of beautiful rock formations. Went to Minuteman Missile Silos, found out you have to book about 90 days ahead to go down silos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Day 6

Stopped for breakfast and snapped a picture of this extended hooded Coupe. Stopped at the rest area in Chamberlain South Dakota and took a picture of this beautiful statue of Dignity Earth and Fire. Rest area overlooks Missouri River. Went to the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota. The theme for 2018/19 is military. For all the particulars go to Cornpalace.com. Short story, they start June 1st and it is completed by the middle of August. They hire 20 college students. 325,000 ears of corn are cut in half, 500,000 staples are used on the borders, 1.5 million nails in the decorating process. If you've heard of an entertainer playing at the Corn Palace this is the place. They also have college and high school basketball tournaments here. From there we hightailed it to Kansas City, Missouri to spend the night. On the way we had to take a detour off of I-29 due to flooding in Iowa. Yesterday we saw Mother Nature at her best, today she was at her worst, the flooding was unbelievable. Expecting up to 15 inches more rain this weekend in the Iowa, Missouri area. Pray for these poor people.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
They say about the weather in South Dakota if you don't like it wait 5 minutes.

Never did figure the Zoey dog E-mail out so I will just send pictures here. Several of Zoey and last one is Sunshine on her Harley.

Motor safe and God be with you on your trip home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have been to the Badlands twice in my years and one thing I found was the views are beautiful and pictures never do them justice. Your trip pictures have been great, thank you for sharing. It seems one thing is missing where are the pictures of the Wall Drug billboards and Wall Drug. You had to have stopped for the free cold water didn't you?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I have been to the Badlands twice in my years and one thing I found was the views are beautiful and pictures never do them justice. Your trip pictures have been great, thank you for sharing. It seems one thing is missing where are the pictures of the Wall Drug billboards and Wall Drug. You had to have stopped for the free cold water didn't you?
See Post #30

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
16 Participants
Firetruck
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing