Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SSR Redline Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not figure out why my passenger side headlight didn't seem "right". Headlight will not adjust, the bolt is broken at the very back. Anyone got one for sale? Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 SSR Redline Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like this bolt could be fabricated from a better material. It looks like pewter and the threads therefore break easily. Especially since they are only threaded into plastic. I may need to find someone with a mini lathe and look into this if I can't buy one some where.

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
I went through this a couple years ago trying to find a bolt. But I believe you will find that trying to get the bolt into place without separating the headlight you'll notice there's threads at the end and then at the top there's a slot and you can't get that down in there without bending it. I had pictures but I must have deleted them. The answer is buying a new headlight at about $600 each.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went through this a couple years ago trying to find a bolt. But I believe you will find that trying to get the bolt into place without separating the headlight you'll notice there's threads at the end and then at the top there's a slot and you can't get that down in there without bending it. I had pictures but I must have deleted them. The answer is buying a new headlight at about $600 each.
Thanks for the information. I will probably pull the headlight this weekend and see what it takes to design and fabricate something better. For $600 I can buy a mini lathe and build lots of them.

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
Thanks for the information. I will probably pull the headlight this weekend and see what it takes to design and fabricate something better. For $600 I can buy a mini lathe and build lots of them.
I agree. Good luck. Let is know how you make out.

·
Registered
2004 SSR Redline Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could not figure out why my passenger side headlight didn't seem "right". Headlight will not adjust, the bolt is broken at the very back. Anyone got one for sale? Thanks.
Now i am wondering if anyone has a broken one laying around. I don't really want to have my R laid up during the fabrication. I will gladly pay for a broken one, plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
Found the broken bolt. Can't find the headlight it came out of. Like I said you can't get it in slot and threaded housing with out splitting headlight. You are welcome to this bolt.
IMG_20201119_200208745.jpg
IMG_20201119_200222723.jpg
IMG_20201119_200228700.jpg

·
Registered
2004 SSR Redline Red
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the broken bolt. Can't find the headlight it came out of. Like I said you can't get it in slot and threaded housing with out splitting headlight. You are welcome to this bolt. View attachment 587477 View attachment 587478 View attachment 587479
Found the broken bolt. Can't find the headlight it came out of. Like I said you can't get it in slot and threaded housing with out splitting headlight. You are welcome to this bolt. View attachment 587477 View attachment 587478 View attachment 587479
This is great, can you pm me for my address and give me a price for your time, the bolt and shipping to 76310? If you have a paypal account, I can send the money or I can send you a check. Really looking forward to working on this project. I will be making more than one or two. Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts