Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when driving at dawn my "auto headlights" didn't light.

When I got to the coffee shop and put on the e-brake on they LIT. Dropped the brake they stayed ON pulling the brake back on the shut OFF dropping the brake the stayed OFF putting the brake back on the lit again. Very screwy I guess I need to take to dealer to get checked out.

Has anyone seen this issue??

Also has anyone complained about rattles and have they been fixed?

D

·
0 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my headlights. But I think when I get my next service I'll have them adjust them lower because I think they're a little high.

As far as rattles go, I've only had rattles when I've put the top up but probably haven't let it cycle all the way. Other times when I've put the top up there are absolutely no rattles even on rough roads.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
headlights

I've had something of the same problem. If I'm driving at night with the headlights on and pull over and stop and put the e brake on but leave the engine running the lights turn off and when I take the ebrake off to go again the lights don't come back on. I turned the headlights on manually and then back to auto and it's fine. Going to have to check further on this also.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Daytime Running Lights

SSR cobra,

I don't think there is anything wrong with your lights. The parking brake handle cycles the daytime running lights on and off. Those of us who don't like drl's can turn them off with the handle, or turn them back on again. ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't believe that
Why would it take a couple of times until the would cycle on or off? :(

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My problem is still with the tail lights, especially the rear brake lights. The left rear brake light went out again. It is either out or blinks when I step on the brakes. I noticed today during the autocross at gate 4 at little creek amphib base. Awesome site for autocross. It dumps right into the ocean! It was sunny and near 90 degrees today!! Blue Skies too. Cool backdrop. Pics will come later this week. Only took a few digital pics but lots of 35mm pics. Great people and great site. The Tidewater sports Car Club really has nailed it on this one. The concrete is some of the best in the nation and the site is perfect for autocross. I ran much better times after having one of the pros ride with me. My wife ran her mini and I did the SSR but next time, we are going to swap off to get more seat time. :flag

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
concrete

Cruzin Ed,

Was the concrete you ran on where the hover crafts launch? If it is, my brother helped create that pad. It is indeed special concrete. What did the pro tell you to help you out?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The concrete was pristine! Yes, it is where the hovercraft launch from out at Little Creeek Amphib. Base at Gate 4. As far as advice, Big Jim, gave me a ton of it. First of all, get off the lead foot! It is about smoothness to obtain speed on the course, not horsepower! My body position in the seat needed to go forward a lot more and had to raise the seat too. He also suggested after I went off course and almost careened into the ocean while going too fast to talk the moves over out load, like, "gotta turn left next, slolum coming up, turn right, etc." It tried that and stayed on course improving my time hugely! I did a mine in 1 minute 3 sec. Most of the good guys were doing in the low to mid 50's, just under a minute. MY first run was a delporable one minute 16 secs. I would say we are learning more. There is another one down in Pungo Airfield in two weeks. C ya.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The only function I have seen is that the headlights go off when I pull the PB and back on when it is released. This seems to make sense.

That it could get out of sync, where the lights are off while the PB is down, seems like a bug in the logic somewhere. Dose it work differently depending where the shift lever is set? :confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts