Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everybody had great weekend. We are wanting to repair the curling headliner that has failed from the Texas heat, so I am researching potential solutions. I am willing to bet many of you have already dealt with it, I just decided to cheat and get ours done before the GTG at Dinerman's on Saturday. Any advice for a permanent fix, either DIY or professional?

·
Registered
466 Posts
GM did not wrap the headliner around the front edge, most likely a cost saving measure.
That's the reason it curls.
I am having mine done by a professional with the color vinyl to match the seats.
My installer is also soundproofing the roof with Dynamite Lite.
That will help with the strain on the air conditioning in the heat and the strain on the heater unit in the cold weather in addition to a quite ride.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
GM did not wrap the headliner around the front edge, most likely a cost saving measure.
That's the reason it curls.
I am having mine done by a professional with the color vinyl to match the seats.
My installer is also soundproofing the roof with Dynamite Lite.
That will help with the strain on the air conditioning in the heat and the strain on the heater unit in the cold weather in addition to a quite ride.
Be sure to post before and after pictures. That's on my bucket list. (My long Busket list)

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
I seem to recall Dictator tackling this problem awhile back. You might want to PM him. I know if he didn't fix one he will know someone who did. Also check Dictator's Library.

==============
David :black:
images-2.png

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,484 Posts
Go to Dicktator's repair library and look under headliner repair !!!!! Library

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! I overlooked that in the Library, got distracted by how to fix a jillion other things. Just had all the A/C actuators replaced. i could use a key lock for the glove box door or a plug for the hole if anybody has an extra. Should have the interior in pretty good shape after the headliner is fixed. Everything working and looking good.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
Sounds good, Jukebox2005. :smile2:

Sounds like things are coming together now. Good luck and hope to meet you soon.

==============
images-2.png

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I took the code number from the keyset on the console too my Local Locksmith and they cut two keys for 20 bucks and they work perfectly. Just an Idea

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
I seem to recall Dictator tackling this problem awhile back. You might want to PM him. I know if he didn't fix one he will know someone who did. Also check Dictator's Library.

==============
View attachment 527629
Yes, I tackled it and is on my SSR How to Library: Look up HEADLINER REPAIR

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Worked for a while but I took it to AutoStyles and had headliners done in SILVER material, wrapped and glued properly.

Only $200 buck to do both panels.

Dicktator

1. OEM coming un-glued.
2. Mine done in Silver Leatherette
3. One of our Florida Fanatics had his done in Black Valore

Attachments

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I overlooked that in the Library, got distracted by how to fix a jillion other things. Just had all the A/C actuators replaced. i could use a key lock for the glove box door or a plug for the hole if anybody has an extra. Should have the interior in pretty good shape after the headliner is fixed. Everything working and looking good.

There's a number on the face of the console lock. Take a magnifying glass with you. A pair of keys are available on eBay for around $10

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I had the impression he needs the entire lock assembly, not just a key. But I could be wrong, I don't know because my EX isn't around to tell me. :lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
xoxoxoBruce got it right (score one for him). I need the whole thing. Hesitating to buy a new one, but if we get desperate enough, we will. Got one of those wives that wants it done "right" and it's her ride. I only get visitation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it's in the shop now getting the headliner done with the edging. We decided to add insulation and keep the original look. Excited about having that done. Get it back tomorrow. Changing the subject, but I saw the post for the Twisted Sisters shindig in September. Been doing that for years on the Harley. Doing it in the Jukebox would be a nice change and VERY weird. Roll into the Bent Rim and show'em some real fun rides!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts