Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the SSR in for service AGAIN since the new rear headliner cam in.

My factory installed headliner began coming unglued just above the rear window.

So the service advisor walks out with the new one and Yes, you guessed it, it was peeling as well.

We called a headline guy out to glue it properly and reinstall, now the problem is is that the glue on the velcro strips will not stay adhered to the roof. Headliner guy is coming out to me tomorrow to try and reinstall again.

Anyone else with this problem?

This rear headliner is one solid plastic piece with a padded headliner glued to it, but they didn't roll the edges, they glued and trimmed flush which apparently leads to separation. Frustrating needless to say. :nono

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in place but...

Well the headliner is in place thanks to the dealer's mobile technician who can to my place of business and velcored the #@%& out of it into place.

But! (and it's a big one) the headliner is still peeling away from the edge above the rear window on passenger side.

His next attempt is to come out on Wednesday and install some piping material to try and secure the edge.
I'll let everyone know if this works.

Everyone, check your headliner above the rear window and tell me if it is peeling away, if there are enough of these instances, maybe they will issue a TSB and replace the headliners with a new design.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
If you want to really stick it on and never be able to get it off, use "FUSOR". At $40 a tube it will stick it on very permanently, but make sure that is what you want. :jester

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine is doing it also. I was going to address it the next time I have to send it in. :cool :cool

·
Premium Member
24,533 Posts
WHAT?

FYI - This thread is old... I think this Thread was last updated in summer of 2005:lol
so, what's your point?...we can't respond to old threads? they're not relevant? :skep
Old thread... Old problem...

Within a week getting my SSR.. WAY BACK in 2004... headliner was coming unglued.. they installed a new one.. & that one did the same thing... Then my wonderful (now closed) dealership in Culver City... took it to their interior shop guy... Never happened again... no idea what he used.. but it worked!

Ideally, would love a micro suede headliner… like we use to put in the corporate jets!! That would be cool!

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,433 Posts
WHAT?

FYI - This thread is old... I think this Thread was last updated in summer of 2005:lol
! :agree ! :agree ! :agree !, Jeff . . . besides, keeping the TOP DOWN solves the problem once and for all.

! :crazy ! :nono ! :glol ! :nono ! :crazy !

·
Registered
28,760 Posts
so, what's your point?...we can't respond to old threads? they're not relevant? :skep
My point was if you'll read what OP wrote waaaaaaaaaaay back in 8-12-2005, he said
if there are enough of these instances, maybe they will issue a TSB and replace the headliners with a new design
and three long years have pass sent then

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
My point was if you'll read what OP wrote waaaaaaaaaaay back in 8-12-2005, he said
and three long years have pass sent then
again...what's the point? that there was or wasn't a TSB issued, no new design?...so what? its still a relevant issue, some folks experience this problem and are looking for answers, there are NEW SSR owners logging in every day...you think the info shouldn't be there for them to read and respond to? Maybe OP will even have something new to say about his experience.

I think MOST people realize they are reading old info...afterall, they are dated :)

·
Premium Member
50,206 Posts
Artsmart is right, I'm a FNG and I didn't know there was or is a problem with the headliner detaching itself. Well now I know!!! But tripple R you go ahead and give Randi all the ------ you want too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
headliner sagging

My 04 has been in the shop 3 times for this and the SSR goes in the shop Tues.2-26 for weathering stripping(3x), headliner(4x), Heated seat(2x passenger) and a oil change. It seems like every couple months I have to put her in the shop to get some things fixed. She's still a keeper!:yellow:

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
children, children, please play nice.:lol

Once they replaced my headliner and it came unglued at the edge, they reglued it and then from my advice installed a piping strip completely around the rear window opening of the headliner, which solved the problem (3 years later!!!)

The problem is that the headliner is cut flush with the shell where it should have been overlapped to prevent this peeling.
There was no TSB to my knowledge addressing this issue.

You can probably fix this yourself if your dealer refuses to.

Good luck to all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts