Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have family in town this weekend and the hotel they are staying at got hit by scammers. They will call into the rooms and tell people they are the front desk and their system has a problem with the credit card and need to reenter it. The scammers will call each room one by one. When we got back tonight the guy at the front desk was telling us about it and of course not to give out any information to anyone calling the rooms. We were waiting on the rest of our group to get there and the police showed up to work with the front desk on the calls. The officer said it is a new scam that has been hitting several of our area hotels.

Wanted to pass it along as folks might be traveling for the holidays and not thinking about it being a scam.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Something similar happened to us in 1987. We were in Boone, NC, for a basketball game at Appalachian State (and Middle Tennessee State) and this Dumb Punk working the night desk called and said I need to run you Credit Card again. So like a Dummy I went down to the desk, gave him my Credit Card. He said the machine says Invalid Card Capture it for $50.00 Reward. Went back to the room, mad as hell that I had been suckered. Called the Card Company, put a stop on it immediately. Went down early the next morning and told the Dumb Punk it was an invalid card. Then I said what in the hell was you gonna' buy with it. "I'm broke and I just needed some breakfast and some gas to get home" Told him how stupid he was and why didn't you just "borrow" 20 out of the cash Register and beg his Manager not to s*** can him.

Reason we were in Boone ... it was the first year of the 3 point shot in College Basketball and at that time Middle Tennessee State basketball fans !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts