Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed if the heated seats come on automatically at any time? Seems mine warm up by themselves in the a.m. but don't notice it in the afternoon. The manual says you have to use the toggle switch...so I guess my baby will have to go in for an adjustment before the temp out here reaches 100+, which will be sooner rather than later...............

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Make sure you aren't hitting the button getting in and out of the SSR if this isn't happening then you might have a faulty switch, Do a search Houtex had his replaced because of this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
artsmart said:
Has anyone noticed if the heated seats come on automatically at any time? Seems mine warm up by themselves in the a.m. but don't notice it in the afternoon. The manual says you have to use the toggle switch...so I guess my baby will have to go in for an adjustment before the temp out here reaches 100+, which will be sooner rather than later...............
The switch is a rocker type switch, which has to be in the center positon.
high is the top, low is the bottom. Hope this helps.
:flag

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Make sure you aren't hitting the button getting in and out of the SSR if this isn't happening then you might have a faulty switch, Do a search Houtex had his replaced because of this.
I had it replaced, but it wasn't the switch. Make sure the plastic apron around the bottom of the seat hasn't broken on one end. Mine did and it was sitting outboard of the switch instead of flush with the switch flange Every time you sit down, the apron presses on the switch and turns it on. Not a lot of fun in August.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info

I checked the switch to make sure it wasn't toggled "on" and was sitting in the center position and it is definitely in the "off" position. Also thought I was hitting it when using my memory seat button, but that wasn't it either. Heat isn't too bad at the moment but it'll get a lot worse long before August if it isn't repaired! Lucky I don't live in Needles anymore...average summer temp is over 100 degrees day or night, May - Oct!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
artsmart said:
I checked the switch to make sure it wasn't toggled "on" and was sitting in the center position and it is definitely in the "off" position. Also thought I was hitting it when using my memory seat button, but that wasn't it either. Heat isn't too bad at the moment but it'll get a lot worse long before August if it isn't repaired! Lucky I don't live in Needles anymore...average summer temp is over 100 degrees day or night, May - Oct!
That definitely sounds like a new switch. Better get it in soon - they'll have to order it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts