Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some info please, When ever i turn on the ignition or start the vehicle the heater kicks into high , That might be great if you live in alaska where it is cold when ever you get into the vehicle , but it is annoying when ever you start the vehicle and
you have to turn the heater blower off . This happens even if you have the heater in off position.
is there some way to turn this function off

·
Registered
590 Posts
Seems like that would be a nice feature in northen Canada.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would help if i read the manual . If you have the defrost with the large icon selected, the heat , blower and heated mirrors all come on full at start up . If you dont want them to come on at start up put defrost on the small defroster icon on the selector dial
thanks for your help but i better go read some more

·
Administrator
8,206 Posts
FULL Blast!

joedecat said:
It would help if i read the manual . If you have the defrost with the large icon selected, the heat , blower and heated mirrors all come on full at start up . If you dont want them to come on at start up put defrost on the small defroster icon on the selector dial
thanks for your help but i better go read some more
Since you are one of our fine northern neighbors who often get even colder weather than we do *well sometimes* lol .... today I was outside and the temp said 4 degrees F with minus 10 degrees windchill factor... BRRRRRRRRRRRRR so I think you might want to leave her parked in the warm garage or if you must drive her then it would be best to leave the defrost with the large icon selected until around... lets see... hmmmmm perhaps around April or May sometime? :lol

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Hey, Marc

Joe lives on an island in the tropical part of Canada - same kind of west coast climate as Seattle, only better - way less rain. It was 42F this morning, headed for 50F this afternoon. He gets to play with his SSR year round - makes me a little jealous - I don't think I've ever seen salt there, except maybe in the higher areas.:yesnod

Part of the misconception is because we measure in Celcius - and you yanks figure it gets instantly real cold right at the border.:lol (That 42 is 6 Celcius.)

We're headed there Thursday to visit our daughters for Christmas - I'll keep you updated on the weather, maybe even send you a few photos to warm you up.

Wish I was bringing the SSR, but there's some nasty mountain passes to get through before we get to the nice weather - it's staying nice and warm at home, and we'll beat up the Duramax instead.

Ray

·
Registered
590 Posts
Marc NY said:
Since you are one of our fine northern neighbors who often get even colder weather than we do *well sometimes* lol .... today I was outside and the temp said 4 degrees F with minus 10 degrees windchill factor... BRRRRRRRRRRRRR so I think you might want to leave her parked in the warm garage or if you must drive her then it would be best to leave the defrost with the large icon selected until around... lets see... hmmmmm perhaps around April or May sometime? :lol
My wife wants to know why we don't drive it in the winter,the SSR has:
HEATED SEATS,REAR DEFOGGER,TRACTION CONTROL,ANTILOCK BRAKES,POSI TRACTION and lots of room for chains on the rear (havn't lowered it yet)

A lot of the threads mention that they run warm , but we may have to cover the rad with cardboard or cover the front nose with a plaid blanket :yesnod

·
Administrator
8,206 Posts
Dang!

Hey Ray,

You mean to tell me that there are "warmer" places up north of the border than in frigid Buffalo??? I know for a fact we get more snow than most of our sourthern Ontario friends... darn lake effect SNOW! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :yesnod
:cuss :mad

Ps, to bad this name is already taken up here... but if it wasn't they should have called the Buffalo Bills the Buffalo Blizzard! :lol
Hey they are on the move.... ;) GO BILLS!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The weather up here is quite nice , we maybe get 1 day of snow ayear and that usually melts away by 10 am .We are 10 mileas west of Bellingham Washinton and about 12 miles north of Port Angelis Wash .Our weather is dictated by the warm pacific currents that come from California and that moderates our weather considerably.When the rest of Canada is freezing Their butts off we are wearing t shirts and driving around with the tops down . Yesterday dec 20 it was about 9-10 degrees c which in farenheight is about 50 f was i call an ssr day . top down and enjoy . this is why the call it the city of gardens , its blooming all year and we even have palm trees , but in a city of 400000 not one snow plow .

Today after a 1 hr plane ride the weather is -17 c here in the fine city of Edmonton Alberta ,definatly not a ssr day . I will probaly go to a gm dealer in a day or 2 when i go thru withdrawls
Merry Chrismas to all from the great white north Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
take me to the mall I need warm Clothes

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Hey, Joe

Should have told me you were going to Edmonton - maybe I could have borrowed your SSR while I'm in Victoria :lol

- I'm suffering withdrawal pains as well - I look at it every day, seeing as I share an office with my garage, but except for quick moves outside to let it rund for a while, it's not going anywhere until April.

Ray.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts