Last weekend I had a heater hose let loose on me on my way home. I thought it was just old and let go so no biggie. This turned out to not be the case. Both heater hoses look like someone has worked on them at some point. The one with out the T was the one that sprung the leak. What I found that caused it was the hose was sitting where it came into contact with the upper strut mount and rubbed on the top washer plate of the strut. This caused it to break through and blow out when it got down to only the inner layer. I have already ordered new hoses from Mike and will replace everything next week. I wanted to get the truck back up and running so what I did was get a plastic splice union at Auto Zone it was less then $6. I pulled the hose off the engine and pulled it up so I could get to it easier. I marked in front of and behind the damaged part with a straight line so I could get them lined up when I put the splice in. I cut out the bad section, about an inch total and put the splice in with the lines on the hose lined up, and tightened the clamps. I then put the hose back on the engine and everything lined up with no problem. Having the line on the hose made it so the end would still be in the same route as it was originally. I filled it up and can at least drive it till I get the new hoses next week. Then I will flush everything and replace the hoses. Just a heads up its not a bad idea to check the hoses to see that they are clear of anything rubbing on them and check for soft spots at the same time.