Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you buy replacement decals for the HVAC knobs on our SSR's? If yes, where?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
66 Reads and no comments. Well I guess maybe no one makes them. What a shame.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Can you buy replacement decals for the HVAC knobs on our SSR's? If yes, where?
How bad are your controls, did you need just one area or the entire section of all 3? Can you post a picture so I can see how bad they are?

It can be done to some extent but the problem is that they will not look or work like OEM. If the gray base paint is worn you would need to paint them and then put either a water type decal on them or a vinyl.

The problem is if you paint them then it would not allow the light to shine through the back as it does now. Even if the current paint is good and all you want is a vinyl overlay the same problem would occur, no transparency. If you use a water type decal then you are limited to use a color other than white, so again the transparency would change and the OEM look.

Might not be a big issue, having it look decent would probably outweigh what little light is there anyway. I always have the halo light coming down from the mirror when I drive so there is always some light in the cab at night. If that works for you I can probably work on something for you, but if you want to keep the OEM look and function then I would have to pass.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,888 Posts
You might have to go new or replacement knobs. With all the trucks that have been junked lately due to the flooding there should be plenty of them soon from the dismantellers. Here are two other sources.

1. Wild Bills SSR parts
http://ssr-parts.com/page/home

2. Parts supplier on this site Mike Byers
Haslet Texas
817-410-6142 work
817-944-1056 text

Hope this helps. Good hunting!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,213 Posts
There is also the Cleveland Power & Performance (wrecking Yard) that a number of members have used. I don't have The contact name, someone might post it, but the phone number is 440-236-5031 i think.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,900 Posts
There are frequently A/C control modules for sale on fleBay and on this Forum. A few of my dials had wear through the silver paint and the light would show through. you can match up the paint with a touch up bottle at the part store and touch up or replace the module. I bought a replacement with like new dials and swapped it out for less than $100.
the replacement module needs to be recalibrated but that procedure is in Dicktators DIY library.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,900 Posts
This is what made me think a replacement may be available for our trucks.
The A/C system in the SSR was sourced from Alfa Romeo by GM to fit the tight confines of the dash. There is no cross reference with any other GM vehicles. With only 24,000 SSRs made I doubt any aftermarket decals exist like for the popular Pickups and SUVs which shared switchgear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts