Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
AND my old ford truck used a cable to a manual module [just] in the hot inlet hose to stop the heater core from being hot all of the time.

Bird

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these? Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/kk2rXgK1eOk
:smile2:

Interesting video. Guess if I felt my a/c was still not getting the job done, I'd sure consider doing this trick. For the time being, I think mine does the job OK and it's ability to do so was also helped by the addition of one of those foam (noise suppressors) that fill the gap behind the seats........meaning you're not sending cool air on down into the top storage box.

I only use it on trips as don't want to fool with it around town and/or forget about it when I hit the top down switch.:surprise:

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,415 Posts
I saw that video awhile back as well. To me it makes good sense to do something like that. Having the hot water flowing through the interior of the truck surely has to raise the temps a little. Not sure if you would notice a huge improvement but any would be good.

Obviously someone has had it done, the key would be finding them or someone else that has installed it to verify there is some benefit.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
AND my old ford truck used a cable to a manual module [just] in the hot inlet hose to stop the heater core from being hot all of the time.

Bird
Exactly! The only reason not to do it I can think of, is maybe the warm heater core air helps prevent the AC from completely freezing up.

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
Sounds logical although I'd want it wired to a key-hot source.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,765 Posts
Just read the introduction. Too long for me to watch. I don't believe anyone would notice the difference in the temp output of the A/C! The selector in A/C mode, I assume the doors in the case route the air so it doesn't go thru the heater core. The only time the air goes thru the core would be in Heat mode. My opinion is spend your time and money on something else.

Nick

Edit: BTW, We only run our blower on #2 and the Temp control 2 or 3 clicks down from High!! in Texas 99 degrees temp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts