Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into ways to lighten My SSR, Does anybody have any Mods to accomplish this? I contacted a company in Washington state that designs and builds Frames. I've been told SSR's have heavy frames. Morrison designs and makes frames for early model cars and trucks with modern suspension componants for lowered stance, handeling etc. Its a lot of work (and money) but every pound counts (maybe diet also?) 400 HP should be enough, at least in a 3500lb car. Any Ideas? John... :cool

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
You could probably shave close to 1000 lbs by making it a hardtop and removing all of the top hardware, hydraulics, pump, etc. Of course you would lose one of the coolest features of the SSR.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
FreddyKaye: Forget changing the frame. Not only would that be incredibly expensve, it is NOT where the weight is.

JIm G

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
it is NOT where the weight is. JIm G
Whether it is true or not, my wife claims most of the weight in my SSR is in the Driver's Seat. :banghead I wonder what she means by that...? :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Focks said:
Whether it is true or not, my wife claims most of the weight in my SSR is in the Driver's Seat. :banghead I wonder what she means by that...? :glol :glol :glol

I resemble that remark and have been accused of being over gross when riding in certain vehicles. :glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
31,421 Posts
Now who says that the SSR doesn't have a spare tire? We're carrying it around our waist! :glol :glol

(Talk about a space saver!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts