Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek I was at the international auto show at the Virginia Beach Pavillion last night and had my first opportunity to crawl all over a loaded red SSR. Finally up close and personal! It was pretty much as expected and I loved it, but one thing surprised me, the weight of the hood. When I lifted the hood it took two hands because of its immense weight. The hood prop had been removed because the weight of the hood was so much, it bent the hood prop. I doubt gas struts will be able to hold up a hood of this weight, but I do hope they make a stronger hood prop that can support the hood. I also noticed the new added fender guards to protect against rock chips. I believe that the running boards will go a long way to protecting the doors from debris from the road flying up and hitting the doors. Definately gonna get those for mine. Overall, it was a real hoot to see one in person. I am sooooo glad I ordered mine so long ago.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cheers Whoaaaa....I like that a lot! Gotta get those for sure when they become available. I really like the engine cover. I wonder if that stays on when the vehicle is on the street or is just for show. I plan on doing some kind of airbrushed cover for mine for show purposes. I have got so many ideas I am just busting out at the seams......Ed:)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics. I posted the link to the show on another thread so all could enjoy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Hood Struts

SLK320SSR said:
I was looking at the pitures from the 2003 SEMA show. It just so happens that hood struts are an option for the 2004 SSR. Check out the picture
That is a prototype truck that will be destroyed shortly, It also had chrome hood and tonneu cover springs and a tool box intragrated into the tonneu cover. An Executive from GM also told me that the reason for no gauge packages is that they had set up everything with a company and they went out of business. Later this week I'll post pictures of all the SSR's at the SEMA show, 4 total - 2 stock and 2 customized already! Gotta Lower mine and change wheels as soon as I get it!

P.S. 20's will fit in the front and 22's in the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts