Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Crazy Horse
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helen Georgia SSR Get Together

Crudawg and I are planning a weekend run to Helen, Georgia July 13, 14 and 15. we are inviting all that want to come and bring their "Rs" to have a fun time just hanging out, talking, eating and just what ever you want to do. THIS IS NOT A RALLY OR CRUISE!!!! Some may want to go on a run, some may not want to do anything but shop in all the shops and go to eating establishments that Helen has to offer. Some may even want to float down the river on an inner tube, this is a very popular exercise in the summer in Helen.
Main thing is, it will be a good time and a great chance to PERMAGRIN with our family of friends!!!!!!!

Helen, Georgia | Helen - White County Convention & Visitors Bureau

iF YOU SIGN UP, ALL YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMING. NO OBLIGATIONS, NO PLANS. IF YOU WANT TO STAY OVERNIGHT, I WOULD MAKE RESERVATIONS SOMEWHERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.[/SIZE]

1. LIGHT SHOW
2. CRUDAWG
3. SWT RYD
4. GAINDIAN
5. GGJOSSER
6. BLUmnM
7. 06 BLUE SSR
8. SIVERBULLET
9. oldfred
10.cj071170
11.mtr317
12.TruckingeeSSR
13. tnhillbilly
14. EricB
15. Fred G (Prior Mayor of Helen)
16. Meg in Carolina
17. Wk Trk
18. ssrbuzzard
19. rodgerkyde
OR MORE........

We love Paul's on the River Steakhouse. Paul's Margarita Deck is behind the main restaurant. They have the biggest free parking in Helen and they have great food, music and you can sit outside under a covered deck next to the river! It will be crowded though. Very popular place. Parking is a big issue in Helen if you are willing to pay. Around 10 bucks. But we can all meet at Paul's Margarita Deck between 4:30 and 5:30 Friday the 13th in the afternoon and just kick back. If anyone gets rowdy, they have a huge bouncer guy! LOL!
This is the one and only plan.(Meg in Carolina suggested it.) Thanks, Meg!

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Light Show, would love to come over to Helen, will arrive Sat morning and leave Sunday. Just me, the lovely wife will be in Scotland. Any thing particular going on that weekend. (Beer fest). Thanks SWT RYD. (Robert)

·
Georgia SSRers
1,006 Posts
me too

OLDFRED certainly will attend..Thanks Alex.

Made reservations at QUALITY INN...for Fri and Sat.
Made sure they were cancelable in case changes are needed.

·
Crazy Horse
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Partial quote from BLUmnM " HUGE car show in Hiawassee, Ga. that same weekend. The moonshine cruise in. We've been several times and have a great time every time we go. 2 years ago we had gathered about 10 SSRs that joined us. Might be something to drive over to see for a day. It usually has 500-600 cars."

Looks promising!

·
Georgia SSRers
1,006 Posts
Partial quote from BLUmnM " HUGE car show in Hiawassee, Ga. that same weekend. The moonshine cruise in. We've been several times and have a great time every time we go. 2 years ago we had gathered about 10 SSRs that joined us. Might be something to drive over to see for a day. It usually has 500-600 cars."

Looks promising!
Now THAT looks good, since I'll be staying in Helen anyway and am NOT going to float down the river and NOT a shopper for antiQ stuff, I was wondering what to do.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Could anyone familiar with Helen tell me how close the Sure stay by Best Western is to downtown ? I'm more interested in the proximity to downtown than the quality of the motel.

·
Crazy Horse
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I can tell on Google Maps, it is about walking distance but about an eighth of a mile. If you cross over the bridge over the Chattahoochee River from the Sure Stay Motel, you are in downtown.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Could anyone familiar with Helen tell me how close the Sure stay by Best Western is to downtown ? I'm more interested in the proximity to downtown than the quality of the motel.

Not sure about that one in particular, but the Helendorf is right on the river, and the Heidi Motel is just down the street and next to the bakery.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts