Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and thought it was pretty neat. My Dad just bought a 2005 SSR and I recently drove it for the first time. WOW... What an attention getter and lots of fun to drive. He traded in a 1946 Chevy pickup he had for it so I think he really wanted it. He says it is for me and my brother (hmmm I am not too sure about this) but nonetheless appreciate the thought.:lol

If any of you have any advice or nifty things to know for a new owner they would be greatly appreciated. One question I had was if the stereo had an AUX input for an ipod or other device. Thanks in advance and hope to be communicating with you all shortly. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Welcome aboard, You've come to the right place! Lots of SSR info around here:seeya

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Get Dad to become a member also.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
OH the add ons!!!!! there are so many to list
the radio depends on which model you bought!
You dad is never going to give this truck to you :lol :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know he will never give it to me... I am actually the older brother in this (27 years old). In high school he "gave" me a 64.5 Mustang. I had it for about 2 months before he sold it. The only reason I have my current car is because I bought it. He happened to purchase this SSR on day before my birthday so I think he just felt obligated to tell me it was for me. :glol He can't pull these on me anymore. Either way, the car is freakin awesome, maybe I will have to trade in my Yukon and get my own.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I see you are 22. This machine can be very dangerous if you lose control. Do not let MOE, LARRY or CRULEY DRIVE IT:thumbs Please be careful. You mean the world to your DAD.
A Father to son talk:)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
BigAlkin said:
I see you are 22. This machine can be very dangerous if you lose control. Do not let MOE, LARRY or CRULEY DRIVE IT:thumbs Please be careful. You mean the world to your DAD.
A Father to son talk:)
" I am actually the older brother in this (27 years old)."​

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome Welcome you're going to have alot of fun...........

kroozn

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,071 Posts
Welcome aboard

Its a fine bunch of nuts here. Kinda like family. You'll fit right in, I'm sure.

Use the search engine and type XM radio. There is an adapter that has been used very successfully f=to insert the XM into the Bose system. You unplug the main harness from the radio and insert this in series. It breaks out the Aux input with standard red and white jacks so you can hook up whatever you want.... Someone else, please chime in with the correct brand and model number.

Later,

Mike

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
jonblaze said:
I know he will never give it to me... I am actually the older brother in this (27 years old). In high school he "gave" me a 64.5 Mustang. I had it for about 2 months before he sold it. The only reason I have my current car is because I bought it. He happened to purchase this SSR on day before my birthday so I think he just felt obligated to tell me it was for me. :glol He can't pull these on me anymore. Either way, the car is freakin awesome, maybe I will have to trade in my Yukon and get my own.

I think you have the fever already and will trade soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Its a fine bunch of nuts here. Kinda like family. You'll fit right in, I'm sure.

Use the search engine and type XM radio. There is an adapter that has been used very successfully f=to insert the XM into the Bose system. You unplug the main harness from the radio and insert this in series. It breaks out the Aux input with standard red and white jacks so you can hook up whatever you want.... Someone else, please chime in with the correct brand and model number.

Later,

Mike
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piegm12aux.html

Works Great, I use it with a Sirius S50

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Just found this forum and thought it was pretty neat. My Dad just bought a 2005 SSR and I recently drove it for the first time. WOW... What an attention getter and lots of fun to drive. He traded in a 1946 Chevy pickup he had for it so I think he really wanted it. He says it is for me and my brother (hmmm I am not too sure about this) but nonetheless appreciate the thought.:lol

If any of you have any advice or nifty things to know for a new owner they would be greatly appreciated. One question I had was if the stereo had an AUX input for an ipod or other device. Thanks in advance and hope to be communicating with you all shortly. :thumbs
I am trying to track down the 6sp SSR's - wound up looking at this thread hoping it might provide a clue as to this SSR (6sp or auto)
I got curious wondering if either brother wound up with the SSR or???
Anyway, it appears nothing has happened - cfax shows no change of ownership & 1.8k last recorded in 2015.

Another useless SSR mystery! HaHa!
I wasted my time - figured I might as well amplify that!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts