Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and currently looking for a very nice 2005 or 2006 SSR. I would prefer the 06, but a clean 05 may work. Vehicle must have low miles and in excellent shape. Hoping to find one with all the options.
I am originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. now living in southern Mississippi.
I have always wanted one of these beauties, but never was the right time.
If anyone has or knows of one out there, please send them my way.
Thanks, Gary

·
Spirited driver!
1,408 Posts
I am new to the forum and currently looking for a very nice 2005 or 2006 SSR. I would prefer the 06, but a clean 05 may work. Vehicle must have low miles and in excellent shape. Hoping to find one with all the options.
I am originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. now living in southern Mississippi.
I have always wanted one of these beauties, but never was the right time.
If anyone has or knows of one out there, please send them my way.
Thanks, Gary
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum and you are in the right place to find what you are looking for. I saw that you are already browsing the FOR SALE section of the forum and the is the best place to start. Just because an ad is old, don't assume that the truck is gone. I would even post your want list in that section and be detailed about you are looking for. There is still a fair number of low mileage units out there but you will be paying a premium for them. I would say how it is cared for is more important than the mileage. Most of the member-owned trucks here have done several upgrades that add considerable value as well. If you want want to see the largest gathering of SSR's in recent history (150+), make your way over to Denison, TX this weekend for the International Rally See thread here It's not too far from you and would definitely be worth the trip. I hope to meet you there.

PokerGuy (Lance)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PokerGuy,
Thanks for the welcome. I am not able to make it this weekend as I have other commitments. Thanks for the invite.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Hi Gary,
If you want want to see the largest gathering of SSR's in recent history (150+), make your way over to Denison, TX this weekend for the International Rally See thread here It's not too far from you and would definitely be worth the trip. I hope to meet you there.

PokerGuy (Lance)
:00000732: Gary and :agree TOTALLY with Lance!!!
Change your plans...you must!! Get there, whatever you do!!!

·
Premium Member
34,622 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Gotta agree with Lance (PokerGuy)

Like Cozydog said be patience and get what you want, it is out there and you will find it.

Good luck on your hunt for your SSR

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,345 Posts
WELCOME, Gary . . . from Southern Arizona.

As others have already posted . . . decide your "must haves" and then be patient. The perfect SSR is out there just waiting for you.

By the way, are you in Biloxi? One of my all time favorites.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Gary, check out an 05 Redline Red in Sugar Land, Texas, on Autotrader.com. 38,500 miles, asking price $24,500, private owner. His/Her phone number is 713 822 2128. tennesseecozydog. Hey, "G" are you close to Diamond Head, Mississippi, have good friend there (Arthur Lee "Art" Brown) ???

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,675 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
High Plains Roadster
222 Posts
Welcome Gary from KJA in Wyoming where we have some snow on the ground this morning.

I am also new to the forum but have already found a ton of info and a lot of help on this forum.

Good luck in your search. That 05 in Texas sounds well worth checking.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Don't listen to those guys preaching patience, buy 'em all and when you get a dozen or so, decide on which is your favorite and give the rest to me. :glol

Welcome to the family Gary, you can't go wrong by reading and more reading on this site, to nail down what you want. What options and upgrades to look for and ask sellers about.

Take the optional gage package for instance, for some people it's a gotta have while others don't care. But it's pretty universally agreed that they aren't of much use in stock form because of the gages and where they are located. Some people have change out the gages for more useful aftermarket ones.

Running boards is another thing that most want. They do help protect the rear fenders from road rash but in their stock location they dirty pant cuffs getting in and out, so a lot of owners have tucked them in.

There is much more to learn by reading and asking questions. You'll find the Google custom Search box at the top of the page is very good at finding threads that cover what you're looking for.

Also, being a supporting member makes it so much easier to navigate the site, eliminating a lot of garbage.
Happy hunting, anticipation is fun too. :thumbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OHHAWK,
Received your message but cannot respond until I hit 15 posts. Please feel free to send your information over and I will give you a call.
Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I welcome and greatly appreciate all the information shared. I know that I will find the right SSR, and I am not in a hurry. I agree, the right one will come along.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts