Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
After owning the same 70 L-46 Corvette for 19 years, I'm selling it and am on the hunt for a nice 05 or 06 6 speed. Today I met a very nice gentleman at a car show in Hollywood Fl who told be all about SSR's and this forum. His friendliness confirmed my hope the SSR community would be a great place to join. You may recognize him from these photos..a nice and unique SSR. I am amazed at the amount of info available on this forum. I've been searching the internet and especially North Freeway Hyundai and the for sale area of the forum. Hope to post a photo of my new SSR soon.
John in Plantation, FL

Attachments

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,345 Posts
WELCOME, John . . . from Southern Arizona.

Good Luck on your search for the perfect SSR.

Hopefully . . . Slingshot Yellow.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.S. I've searched everywhere and can't find any info on an option I've seen on several listings "Roof Package ($1200) no codes ..anyone have and idea what it is?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doophus..thanks for the response..yes I'm aware...I've read all the info for "Newbees", all factory options and all the aftermarket items, and just don't see any reference to "Roof Package ($1200)"

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,213 Posts
Not sure what "Roof Package" is but,--- Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever!-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, WHEN you get it. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,888 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. When looking remember Slingshot Yellow is the fastest and sexiest!!!

Reactions: Florida John

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,888 Posts
P.S. I've searched everywhere and can't find any info on an option I've seen on several listings "Roof Package ($1200) no codes ..anyone have and idea what it is?
I used the search button on this forum and could not find "Roof Package". Without seeing the writeup and what they were referring to it is difficult to figure out. I have been on the forum since 2014 and never heard that term used. Maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck.

Reactions: Florida John

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great place for information to help you decide what your priorities are in an SSR.

I've been on the forum since 2003, and this is the first time I've hear a "roof package" mentioned.

Can you provide more details about the wording? If you saw it in an ad for a truck, perhaps the seller was embellishing the fact we have a hydraulic roof. They all have one, but he may have been trying to make it sound like an option.

There is a trunk carpet package that was in that price range as an option. Very desirable, and only about 50% of the trucks had that option. Much more expensive than that to find one now, typically from a wrecked truck.

Looks like Auggie replied the same time I did, but I was more long-winded.:banana

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really appreciate all the good thoughts and welcome messages. Not sure if this is the right place to ask some questions but if not, let me know. I've found an 06 manual at a Chicago dealer that has the 1SB option plus others I want, 34K miles and asking $26,900 but will take $24,000 as is. After some questions I've learned the tires need to be replaced (dry rot) and also battery which the dealer has agreed to do with the $26.9 original price. Being a little sensitive to it being a Chicago and NY (two owner) SSR, I asked for photos from the undercarriage and they are attached. I've never lived up north with the snow and salt on the roads so I'm not sure whether I should be concerned about the apparent rust. Also not sure what a set of new tires run...Any advice from those with up north experience is greatly appreciated.
Florida John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I bought my 2003 Signature Series from from Corvette Mike's Midwest in Burrridge, IL - sight unseen - only had 5,500 miles - not rust was a collector car - it now has about 20,000 miles in NY State, but never seen snow and there is no rust underneath. I also had to get new tires - which ran about $1000 My battery was okay till the first winter I stored it, then I had to replace the battery - if you get it go with the $24,000 and get the tires you want and battery.
I'm by NO MEANS a car expert - can't even change my own oil - but I would be concerned about the rust

Don't go rushing into buying one - there seems to be plenty for sale - but that price range seems to be the going price for an 05 or 06

good luck

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
I track every SSR I can that comes for sale - never seen roof package $1200

This is a window sticker from a highly optioned SSR
"Retractable Roof" is noted in the Standard Equipment

#21347 Brickyard Window Sheet.jpg

However, you have raised an interesting question
This is a study I did on SSR RPO's
There is no reference to the roof install

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f50/regular-production-options-46425/

At first I thought to look at JJA but that pertains to engine bay only.
A large part of the body construction was done at the ASC (American Sunroof Corporation)
I sense there is no RPO on the LCC (Lansing Craft Centre) build data because the roof was installed on delivery from the ASC to LCC.
I put a note into Bob Walczyk for confirmation

However, there was never any $1200 cost for the roof that was not built in to the MSRP

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the info posted on the dealer website under comments..I asked the salesman who said he did not know but would call the previous owner..says a lot about the salesman..starting to think it was just a comment added by the dealer to make it look like an added value option...I'm starting to be very skeptical of this dealer.
Seller Comments

2005 Chevrolet SSR LS 6.0L 6-Speed 2dr Convertible Redline Red Exterior Over Ebony Leather Interior Only Two Previous Owners!!! Only 34,532 Miles!!! OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT LIST: Preferred Equipment Group ($2000) -AM/FM Stereo
-CD Player
-CD Changer
-Heated Mirrors
-Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
-Premium Sound System
Ultra Soft Nuance Leather Seating Surfaces
~~~~~~Roof Package ($1,200)
Cargo Compartment Trim ($895)
Power Retractable Hard Top
6 Way Power Driver Seat & 2 Way Power Passenger Seat -Power Lumbar Support
Power Windows
6-Speed Manual Tremec Transmission ($810)
19 Front & 20 Rear 5-Spoke Wheels
Integrated Running Boards ($745.00) VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS: 6-Speed Manual Transmission
6.0L V8 Aluminum SFI Engine
390 Horsepower 405 FT/LB Torque Rear Zexel Torsen Limited Slip Differential
Electronic Switch Operated Traction Assist System
Air Conditioning 3.73 Ratio Rear Axle
Remote Keyless Entry -Remote Hatch Release -Panic Alarm Daytime Running Lamps Power Steering
VEHICLE HISTORY: Clean Carfax!!! Only Two Previous Owners!!! Only 34,532 Miles!!!
INCLUDES: *2 Keys w/1 Remote* *Floor Mats* *Owners Manual*

1 - 20 of 57 Posts