Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Rick in Brickerville
I lived 15 minutes from you in Akron. Would be glad to meet up with you to see this SSR. I’ve been a member of this community for over 15 years and host a rally here every 2 years. You can just give me call or PM me.
Doug Evans
717-951-5159
0EC41B23-CC01-460E-AAD4-0F4C943F49BB.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rick, I think you might have looked at the wrong Pac Blue in Georgia. The owner just posted 3 hours ago that he was lowering the price. You might want to take a second look on this link...

WELCOME, Rick . . . from Southern Arizona.

My advice, "amopt" the best SSR you can find at the best price.

I adopted mine way back in July of 2005 with a mere 18 miles on the odometer and I plan to "take it with me."

! :cool: ! (n) ! :cool: ! (n) ! :cool: !
Thank You for your reply.
Good advise.
You sound like me. Take care of it & it will last.
Kindest Regards,
Rick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rick, I think you might have looked at the wrong Pac Blue in Georgia. The owner just posted 3 hours ago that he was lowering the price. You might want to take a second look on this link...

You're right Blues Brother, I found it this time, by clicking on the for sale you sent along. I'll be 1st to admit I'm an idiot when it comes to a computer. I know just enough to get myself into trouble.
On your 1st email I copied this, then clicked on it. It took me to this, For Sale: 2006 Pacific Blue 3SS 6 Speed FPR SSR. I click on it at the top of the page that took me to the SSR site & it was a Pacific Blue 2006, just an older listing. As I said, I got it the 2nd time around from your 2nd post.
Thank You,
Rick.
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
@rcopo69. TXNSSR aka Robert. Forgot to say....Welcome from Houston, Texas (hence the area of the tech day reference).

Don’t sweat the electronics or hydraulics too much, these are all known quantities. There is plenty of experience and help here on the forum. I’ve peered up and down into the block of my R and it was/is startling clean, nothing like an old big block or small block. I’ve learned that this is typical of well cared for LS, using Mobil 1 and changed regularly. Buy an R you like.

This is Robert, wishing you a “.. good day, and may the good news be yours.”

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@rcopo69. TXNSSR aka Robert. Forgot to say....Welcome from Houston, Texas (hence the area of the tech day reference).

Don’t sweat the electronics or hydraulics too much, these are all known quantities. There is plenty of experience and help here on the forum. I’ve peered up and down into the block of my R and it was/is startling clean, nothing like an old big block or small block. I’ve learned that this is typical of well cared for LS, using Mobil 1 and changed regularly. Buy an R you like.

This is Robert, wishing you a “.. good day, and may the good news be yours.”
Thank You Robert from Houston & 1 big @ss state.
Kindest Regards,
Rick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank You Crazy Ed.
I went fishing in the Port Carling, Ontario, that's about 140 miles north of Toronto (I think that's around 220 K).
That's a beautiful country you live in !!
Kindest Regards,
Rick.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Rick in Brickerville
I lived 15 minutes from you in Akron. Would be glad to meet up with you to see this SSR. I’ve been a member of this community for over 15 years and host a rally here every 2 years. You can just give me call or PM me.
Doug Evans
717-951-5159
View attachment 567924
Correction

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
1,331 Posts
Hello back WKRB.
My 1st impressions of something are normally good, so I have to agree with you.
The commonality has been very good in this SSR community with my question.
I hope you got the WKRP above, but may be to young to remember the great half hour comedy show in the early 70's, WKRB in Cincinnati.
That show use to crack me up. I enjoyed that half hour, & all the different personalities of the characters really worked, but my favorite was the Thanksgiving show with the Big Guy & his turkey promotion.
If you never saw it, I totally understand you would not get it.
What flavor is your street rod ?
Kindest Regards,
Rick.
I may be young, but I am familiar with that show (only in reruns though). @PokerGuy is referring to a drone that fell out of the sky back in spring landing squarely behind the rear window! And here is our 36 Dodge painted to match....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wow, a matching pair, they're both beauties !! Looks like you have something special going on under the hood of your SSR too.
I like the look with the red cover on top of the engine, with the Red Line Red & flames exterior.
Kindest Regards,
Rick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Correction
Rick in Brickerville
Doug Evans
717-951-5159
View attachment 567924
Thank You for the offer Doug, it is very kind of you. !!
It was my pleasure talking with you on the phone & talking to you about SSR's & the good old days of racing at York US 30 Raceway & Maple Grove Raceway.
Don't be surprised if you hear from me again, if the 427 Big Block 1956 Bel Air Sedan does not work out on Wednesday in West Virginia. As I told you, that 1990 C4 Corvette rear has me a bit concerned with the 460 pound-feet of torque of the 450 hp 427. As you know, the C4 Corvette rear was not known as bulletproof for big torque. The biggest torque engine offered in 1990 would have been the ZR1 Mercury Marine's MerCruiser division's 350 @ 375 hp with 370 pound-feet of torque, which the rear was fine for that.
I love that "custom hood scoop" with your custom paint scheme on your SSR. It's a beauty Doug !!
Thanks again Doug.
Kindest Regards,
Rick.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts