Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!
Have always loved the SSR and I'm looking to buy one (05 or 06) sometime in 2019 to enjoy once I retire (next Sept).
I'll be leaving the NY metropolitan area for the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania where my retirement home (with 2 car garage) awaits.
Best of all, I've already talked my wife into the purchase. :grin2:
I look forward to doing my homework in the meantime! Thanks for having me here!!
Best, Jimmy Mack

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,474 Posts
Hi Folks!
Have always loved the SSR and I'm looking to buy one (05 or 06) sometime in 2019 to enjoy once I retire (next Sept).
I'll be leaving the NY metropolitan area for the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania where my retirement home (with 2 car garage) awaits.
Best of all, I've already talked my wife into the purchase. :grin2:
I look forward to doing my homework in the meantime! Thanks for having me here!!
Best, Jimmy Mack
Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. You will have a great time once you get the truck that is waiting for you. Do your homework and do not jump before you are sure it is the one meant for you, and your wife, or you might end up shopping for a second one so YOU have one to drive.:surprise:

Reactions: Jimmy Mack

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,783 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,428 Posts
Welcome to you Jimmy Mack from Houston, Texas. - :smile2:

■□■ - Just a question ~~ Are you the Jimmy Mack who was the inspiration behind the 1966 hit song by Martha and the Vandellas? - :surprise:

((Just a stray thought!!))

2018-09-25-14-44-09--745466228.jpeg

You're going to love it here!! - :laugh:

==============
David :black:
2018-09-19-19-26-49--237748565.png

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,900 Posts
WELCOME, Jimmy Mack . . . from Southern Arizona.

. . . and Good Luck on your SSR Research.

FYI . . . Slingshot Yellow SSRs are the Fastest and Sexiest.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. Keep your eyes open on this site for SSR"S for sale. There is always 4 or 5 for sale at any given time and most are very well maintained and have many upgrades already....and like Doophus says, Slingshot Yellow is the fastest, sexiest and most sought after, but any color you settle on is a good color. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,506 Posts
Jimmy Mack, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then, after you find one, if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, becoming a "Lifetime or Premium" Member will give you more benefits and no ads!? and, show appreciation for tips/help! Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,621 Posts
Welcome! You're going to Love that PermaGrin when you find the perfect SSR!

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts

. . . and Good Luck on your SSR Research.

FYI . . . Slingshot Yellow SSRs are the Fastest and Sexiest.
Yellars also spend more time in the garage (ask Marc and Curt)
and if you do decide to drive it, expect to hear people yelling "HEY TAXI!!"
:bwekk::pokey::laugh::laugh:

Jimmy,

Best wishes on your retirement and your SSR purchase.
Welcome to this Kool and Krazy family from Middle Georgia!!
Make sure you have your R well before October 2019,
so you can join us in Branson MO for the International Rally!!
:cheers

Alex

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome jimmy!!!! I hope you find what you are looking for. I lucked out with an aqua blur. It’ll most definitely put a smile on your face!!

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.
What's the fun if you can't drive it to work once and awhile.

I believe @poker guy said it best "It's hard to feel sad when your driving this"

Works for me. No matter how bad my day was if I get in my SSR and lower the top my attitude always gets better.
Maybe I should drive it to work more often.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jimmy.

Reach out to me when you're ready. I have a Redline 2005 SSR in excellent condition. It is equipped with the LS2 engine and the Tremec 6 speed manual trans, (Rare combo) and the Eaton 14 bolt rear differential. If you are truly interested in buying, i am looking to retire late next year and i may possibly be looking to sell my SSR. My SSR is mainly all stock condition, runs great as it should and everything works as it should. I am not far from you as i live in NJ.
Looking forward to hearing from you....Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Ron,
Your SSR sounds fantastic. Unfortunately, I neglected to mention I need an automatic. Wifey wants to drive it too!
:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts