Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning from Cologne/Germany. I am a Car Dealer, dealing with American Vehicles since 30+ Years. Beside the nomal US Cars i also have a huge faible for US classics and have a nice collection.
The SSR is my daily driver and gives me a lot of joy.

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

The second SSR, a 2005 Model has a Problem with the retractable Roof. My Workshop tells me that the little Computer responsible for the functions is at fault and that they are unable lo locate an Replacement.
Does anyone in this forum have an Idea where to get this Part??
I am greatful for any help..
best regards
Uli Willscheidt

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Spargeltarzen Welcome from Music City USA, Nashville Tennessee. SSR Fanatics Forum is made up of the best group to help keep you SSR in good operating order. Please look in “The Forum” subsection “Library”1st “Articles.” Dicktator has a lot of information with step by step repair steps. There is a large group of SSR Owners in Germany that maybe able to assist you.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Love the tropical beach mural paint job! Very unique, just like our trucks!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Spargeltarzan, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
BlueStreak
26,582 Posts
Good morning from Cologne/Germany. I am a Car Dealer, dealing with American Vehicles since 30+ Years. Beside the nomal US Cars i also have a huge faible for US classics and have a nice collection.
The SSR is my daily driver and gives me a lot of joy.

View attachment 548507

View attachment 548509

The second SSR, a 2005 Model has a Problem with the retractable Roof. My Workshop tells me that the little Computer responsible for the functions is at fault and that they are unable lo locate an Replacement.
Does anyone in this forum have an Idea where to get this Part??
I am greatful for any help..
best regards
Uli Willscheidt
There is a lot of information here that may help you. You may wan to save the link for the future.

·
Registered
805 Posts

Good possibility they might be right but it could be a number of things going on that's not letting your roof work. Do you have a hydraulic leak, low on fluid, dirty switches, loose wire, etc etc. Look at Dicktators Library he just about covers everything for these trucks.
I suggest you tell us just whats going on when you try and put the roof down from start to finish this might help to narrow down your problem and someone will chime in and tell you what it might be.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,645 Posts
Uli @Spargeltarzan, zuerst möchte ich dir sagen, Willkommen im Forum; Ihre SSR ist absolut schön! Bitte folgen Sie den obigen Links (post #5) zur Dicktator-Bibliothek. Dort finden Sie viele Antworten auf Ihre Fragen. Sobald Ihre SSR zu 100% zurück ist, müssen Sie @Ruckzuck kontaktieren, um herauszufinden, wann das nächste Treffen der SSR-Eigentümer in Deutschland stattfinden wird. Hoffe, die Informationen werden helfen. Freut mich, dich in der Familie zu haben !!

Uli @Spargeltarzan, first I want to tell you, Welcome to the forum; Your SSR is absolutely beautiful! Please follow the links above (post #5) to Dicktator's library. There you will find many answers to your questions. Once your SSR is back to 100%, you need to contact @Ruckzuck to find out when the next meeting of SSR owners will take place in Germany. Hope the information will help. Glad to have you in the family !!

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Hmm... Asparagus Tarzan, cool name.:cheers
Not questioning the ability of your mechanics, but I wonder if the RDM (roof door module) is not putting out the right instructions because it’s not receiving the right signals.

Dicktator’s collection of instructions has several pieces on the roof operation.

Here is the basics of the operation.

This will show you many threads from people who had trouble with the roof and how it was solved.

I'd strongly suggest you contact Dinerman and get the ultimate drive.

Good luck and please be sure to keep us posted on what you find and how you fixed it.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Hello Uli,

I am happy to welcome you here with the fanatics. You will learn everything about your truck here.
Your SSR has a great paint Job. I founded a group in Germany with a few other friends.( meanwhile 34 Chevy SSR friends ) We are in regular contact via whats app. At the start of the season we held the biggest SSR meeting in Germany so far. You can find a post among canada and other countries I wish you a big Permagrin on all your rides.

Roman

Hallo Uli,

Ich freue mich, dich hier mit den Fanatikern begrüßen zu dürfen. Hier erfährst du alles über deinen Truck.
Dein SSR hat eine tolle Lackierung. Ich habe mit ein paar anderen Entusiasten eine Gruppe in Deutschland gegründet (mittlerweile 34 Chevy SSR-Freunde). Wir stehen über Whats App in regelmäßigem Kontakt. Zu Beginn der Saison haben wir das bisher größte SSR-Treffen in Deutschland abgehalten. du kannst einen Beitrag unter Kanada und anderen Ländern finden. Ich wünsche dir ein großes Permagrin ( Dauergrinsen ) auf all deinen Fahrten.

Roman

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
36,982 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Welcome too the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. Love the colors of Your R, it looks pretty good. Like everyone says, best bet is too read up on the Forum and also contact Dinerman about the Ultimate Drive. It has the Manuals for the 03-06 models, and loads of information too assist in trouble shooting your problems. I am sure Others on here will jump in that have more Technical abilities on Our rides and help work You through Your issues. Again, Welcome .

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Wow, Roman !! I would have loved too have been there for that meeting with all the Rs that You are gathering together. Was a definite pleasure meeting You, My Friend. Say Hello too Your Son for Us.

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Hey, welcome to our forum

This is going to sound very weird but I have an issue with "The Fatherland"
To me, this was Hitler's interpretation of his perfect Germany

I am not Jewish, not that that should matter - it was our worst time in the past century.

I'm just not sure where "the Fatherland suits your avatar

I am probably going to catch some hell over this but what the heck!
I catch crap all the time! HaHa!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, welcome to our forum

This is going to sound very weird but I have an issue with "The Fatherland"
To me, this was Hitler's interpretation of his perfect Germany

I am not Jewish, not that that should matter - it was our worst time in the past century.

I'm just not sure where "the Fatherland suits your avatar

I am probably going to catch some hell over this but what the heck!
I catch crap all the time! HaHa!
Cash, the translation from Deutschland (Germany) to English is "the fatherland". "Tarzan", welcome from Springfield MO. Very important for the truck to be on level ground for the switches to detect present location of the top, windows, covers, tailgate,etc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
20 Participants
Cash
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing