Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this afternoon. I'm 6'5" with a bad back so getting in and out of my '15 Corvette Stingray is starting to be a challenge. The SSR looks like a great alternative so I have begun my search. I was a very active member on Stingray Forums and hope this site is as friendly and informative.

·
Spirited driver!
1,659 Posts
Welcome Paul. We have many tall (and/or large) owners here. Since you are used to the performance of your Corvette, I would suggest you lean towards the 05/06 models which have about 100 HP more than the stock 03/04's. It won't be as fast as you are used to but it is still plenty quick and a hell of a lot of fun. Let us know where in W. MI you are located and maybe a local Fanatic can help you in your search. We can at least tell you key things to look out for. Best advice is usually to buy one from a fellow Fanatic as they tend have the upgrades that you will want already done. Good luck in your search!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,619 Posts
Paul, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then, when you get one-or two, if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
:00000732: from Murfreesboro, Tennessee. "Tall Paul" (Annette Funnicello 1959 American Bandstand). You will find us more friendly and more willing to help you than any other web site available !!! Been a Chevrolet man all my life but ... never wanted or had the desire for a Vette (I could get in but had to roll out and I'm only 5'9"). Wifey is handicapped with very bad knees but has no trouble entering or exiting the SSR. Take my word for it, you will "luv" an SSR with the big doors that make it easy to get in and out.

PokerGuy and nj6969 have posted excellent advice. Again :00000732: to our growing SSR Family and the SSR Nation Welcomes You with open arms !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,398 Posts
WELCOME, Tall Paul . . . from Southern Arizona.

Over the years I have always lusted after a Corvette as I've had many friends and neighbors with them but I was just never able to get comfortable on extended trips. Probably had something to do with my long legs and big feet.

Although not a Silver Cloud or a 600 Sedan, after more than 13 years I have never felt "Mega-Cramped" in my SSR compared to the Corvettes.

By the way . . . The Slingshot Yellow SSRs are much more spacious.

My advice . . . GO FOR IT.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
You'll find the SSR experience different from the Corvette experience. You won't be waving at fellow owners every couple of miles, you'll have to suffer a million questions everytime you stop for gas or a store, and strange women will approach you gushing about your ride. However you will find this forum friendly and informative. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Welcome to the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. Hope you have good luck in your search, there have been and are some really nice ones being sold on the forum.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,271 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!! :00000732:

·
BLU SSR
3,538 Posts
West central illinois welcome!

:00000732: Paul , You have found the definitive source for information about the SSR - and if you thought the vette owners are a friendly group you will not believe the wonderful family that comes with SSR ownership. Buy one , come to a rally and find out for yourself!! There are several rallies this fall , so hurry up! :wink2: :blur: :ssr

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,391 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tall Paul! It's going to be exciting searching for your SSR! You've already heard some plugs for the Yeller's and Reds but you can be be one of the "Blues Brothers" when you buy the coolest color! Pacific Blue ? :blue:

Seriously, ANY SSR will give you that one and only "PermaGrin"! :grin2:

Reactions: Boomer Bob

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,251 Posts
Welcome from north central Indiana. I’ve owned a SSR since new in 04. Only been acquainted with this forum and great bunch of guys and gals for last few years. I have had more fun and gained more knowledge than you would ever guess. Let us know where in western Michigan you are. I am only a few hours away if your not too far north Again WELCOME !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.
Huaw said it best, they will all provide a level of enjoyment only realized by a select few.

·
SSR FAMILY MEMBER
1,611 Posts
Paul

Hi Paul, so glad to see another SSRlover from western Michigan. We are north west of Grand Rapids and have a well loved Aqua Blur. We do a lot of shows and cruises, so let us know if you ever have any guestion. Marvin and Judy

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,278 Posts
Welcome from The Colony, TX.

I once was a Vette owner but so many true friends gained since I got my SSR.

Good luck on your search.

But you can attend a rally before you actually have a R and meet "the family"!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts