Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our SSR for just about one year. It is a 2006 Smokin Asphalt, 6 speed with 49,000 miles on it.
I am looking for a Engine cover insert with the SSR on it. Does someone make these?
Thanks for your help.
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry that I am of no help with your quest, just wanted to say Hi from Crossville, TN. We moved here 6 years ago from Edgerton, had prior homes in Mauston and River Falls. Nicer weather, lower taxes, and great views that we bought our Smokin' to travel and see the SE part of the country. Going to Maggie Valley in a couple days.

·
Daily Driver
8,834 Posts
Welcome to the family Melinda and Tim.:00000732:
Those inserts for the engine cover were phased out on the '06, cost cutting I presume. If you post you want one in the parts wanted section someone may have one. It's probably an item wrecking yards would overlook but you could try some like Cleveland Power and Performance. Ebay is another place to look.

But before you continue your quest take a minute to click on User CP at the top of this page then slide over to "Your Details" and click "Edit your details" and fill it in. Then when you post we'll know what year and approximately where you're located. That saves a lot of back and forth posts getting the discussion on the same page.

I'll bet this site will be useful to you going forward, as we have more information about SSRs, and smart people willing to help solve the unique things these trucks throw up. Granted it can be daunting navigating the site with the ads coming at you, but it's much smoother for paying members by a mile. Hell, you could save $25 on maalox alone when you're trying to solve a problem. :lol

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,971 Posts
We have had our SSR for just about one year. It is a 2006 Smokin Asphalt, 6 speed with 49,000 miles on it.
I am looking for a Engine cover insert with the SSR on it. Does someone make these?
Thanks for your help.
Tim
No one makes them but once in a while you see one on here for sale or on E-Bay. When that happens folks buy them no matter what color and paint to fit or match their SSR or color scheme. There were some chrome ones floating around also and they would fit any with any color. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Tim and Melinda, Welcome from Forney Texas !!! Do like xoxoxoBruce said, Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive.

Nick & Kathy

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,767 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Welcome from Music City USA, Nashville Tennessee. This group is made up of some truly good folk, plus always a member willing to help with problems or issues you might be having. Enjoy the PermaGrin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts