Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone purchased the CD-ROM from helminc.com?

I bought the Helm Shop Manual for the new GTO and have used it a few times already. I am willing to spend the $120 for the SSR Shop Manual (when and if Helm ever releases it), but I have a hard time justifying the $300 for the CD. I don't want to do anything illegal, but would someone be willing to loan me a copy of the CD so I can see if it is worth the cost? I would be willing to pay for the blank CDs and the shipping to get it here. :angel

Diggs

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The cdrom contains info for more vehicles than just the SSR. It also contains tsb's and recall info. Not that there will be of much of either this early.

I did order it. It's not here yet. I'll be willing to give a thumbs up/down on it, but copies, I feel like a heel saying it but, no.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Diggs said:
The 2003 manual is available. Sorry, I was wanting to get the 2004.

Diggs
I called their 800 number when I ordered it - supposedly the '03 and '04 manuals are basically the same (except for the cover :) ). Be interesting to compare them when you get yours - see if they fixed all the "little" mistakes. Like rotating the tires - the '03 manual says to cross them - be interesting to have 19/20 in the front and 20/19 in the back, wouldn't it. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Diggs,
When yours come in, try to see if there is provision for the gauge package in the wiring harness.
Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's cool...

beer100 said:
The cdrom contains info for more vehicles than just the SSR. It also contains tsb's and recall info. Not that there will be of much of either this early.

I did order it. It's not here yet. I'll be willing to give a thumbs up/down on it, but copies, I feel like a heel saying it but, no.
I was partly asking with my tongue in cheek. That's why the angel was there. Not that I'd turn down a "sample copy" if someone wanted to send it. ;-)

I would appreciate an honest opinion of the CD when you get it. Usability, completeness, diagrams anll that stuff. I'm sure they will release the 2004 dead tree version soon, but if I start doing audio stuff, the CD might be rolled into the estimates.

Diggs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts