Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 SSR and the Roof/Door Module has gone out but they are discontinued.

Where can i find one? Does anybody have one for sale?

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
Try Mike Byers on Friday, I'm sure he's not working Thursday.
He got me one for an '05-'06 not long ago, had it drop shipped to me from somewhere else.
Mike WK#817-410-6142
TEXT 817-944-1056

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,296 Posts
Do windows index when opening and closing doors. This is of course assuming that they stopped working in a full up position.
I also assume door locks work.

I would check the ground from the switch plate in center console. Each window and top switch ground a data wire as an input command to the RDM.
You might be ahead money wise to have somebody with an enhanced scan tool check it out.
The scan tool can see if the switches are indeed providing the proper input.

When I finally get home and after dinner. I will try to provide diagrams where you could test the switch panel and ground at the switch panel connector.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,296 Posts
I guess I was in too big of hurry to leave work!

Do power door locks work from the switch - I always use the key fob!
The power door lock switch also uses the same ground but the signals go the the Body Control Module not the RDM.

It is still possibly a switch - when I disassembled mine i found more than one of the contacts had come loose from the silicone membrane. Although only the drivers window was inoperable.

Picture number one shows how both windows share the same ground.

Picture number two shows how you can "trick" the RDM to operate the drivers window

If door locks work from switch and you do not have access to scan tool
- you can jumper the pins at the switch connector with the key on and engine off to try and activate the drivers window. I have shown how you could change the jumper to have window go up and then down with two different colors. If the window moves correctly you have a bad switch.

If door locks do not work from the switch and you do not have access to a scan tool
- you can jumper the pins(#9 and then #19) noted in the previous picture to a good body ground (a part in the console bolted to the floor that does not have paint on it - try a couple of different places to be sure) If window then moves you have a bad ground for the switches.

I hope this might help --

By the way, besides monitoring the switch inputs an enhanced scan tool can also be used to command the windows up and down testing the performance of the RDM very quickly. It can also command the door locks and the top to raise and lower!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I was in too big of hurry to leave work!

Do power door locks work from the switch - I always use the key fob!
The power door lock switch also uses the same ground but the signals go the the Body Control Module not the RDM.

It is still possibly a switch - when I disassembled mine i found more than one of the contacts had come loose from the silicone membrane. Although only the drivers window was inoperable.

Picture number one shows how both windows share the same ground.

Picture number two shows how you can "trick" the RDM to operate the drivers window

If door locks work from switch and you do not have access to scan tool
- you can jumper the pins at the switch connector with the key on and engine off to try and activate the drivers window. I have shown how you could change the jumper to have window go up and then down with two different colors. If the window moves correctly you have a bad switch.

If door locks do not work from the switch and you do not have access to a scan tool
- you can jumper the pins(#9 and then #19) noted in the previous picture to a good body ground (a part in the console bolted to the floor that does not have paint on it - try a couple of different places to be sure) If window then moves you have a bad ground for the switches.

I hope this might help --

By the way, besides monitoring the switch inputs an enhanced scan tool can also be used to command the windows up and down testing the performance of the RDM very quickly. It can also command the door locks and the top to raise and lower!
Thank you for the information. I sold the truck at my dealership and have just decided to go ahead and send it to the customer and he has a service tech that is confident he can fix it and I will just pay the bill over the phone. I will show him this information and have him check it to see if this works.

Now I am searching for a center console section cause the black plastic cover piece that the shifter sits in broke while taking the console out but that is discontinued as well so now I can not find the module and the center console section

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,296 Posts
Thank you for the information. I sold the truck at my dealership and have just decided to go ahead and send it to the customer and he has a service tech that is confident he can fix it and I will just pay the bill over the phone. I will show him this information and have him check it to see if this works.

Now I am searching for a center console section cause the black plastic cover piece that the shifter sits in broke while taking the console out but that is discontinued as well so now I can not find the module and the center console section
You might be better off to wait until they find out what the problem actually is!
If it is the switch assembly than then you won't need the RDM AND the black plastic part at the shifter is part of the switch assembly.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,764 Posts
Welcome WMTOY. You would probably be better off to start a new thread looking for one or better yet to post a thread in the technical section asking for help and be prepared to give some answers to questions about what is not working and why you suspect it needs a RDM. There have been many people think they need one only to find out it was mis- diagnosed and was something else wrong. So be ready to help others help you to find the true problem. And it maybe a bad RDM but with help you should be able to make sure before you spend money on a maybe.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help! Neither the roof or the windows will operate on my 2004 SSR. My mechanic thinks it might be a bad roof door module (RDM). Both windows and roof were down and will not close now. Can anyone suggest something other than a bad RDM that could be causing this problem?

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,181 Posts
Help! Neither the roof or the windows will operate on my 2004 SSR. My mechanic thinks it might be a bad roof door module (RDM). Both windows and roof were down and will not close now. Can anyone suggest something other than a bad RDM that could be causing this problem?
Doesn't sound like RDM to me:

Suggest you do some reading:

My SSR How to Library: Lots about ROOF

Dicktator

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,808 Posts
When you take a break from Dicktator's One Drive you might stop by the New Member Forum and introduce your self and let us know where you are . Might be some one near you that can help out once we are out of quarantine.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,296 Posts
@Billy Carter
If you are proficient with a voltmeter i would sugest measuring voltage on each side of the 125amp fuse under the hood fuse box while someone else is attempting to operate windows or rrplace that fuse. There have been cases where it doesn't fail completely and will allow some current to pass through it but not enough to operate windows.

I would then want to look at inputs from the RDM on a scan tool. To see if maybe a problem with console switches as a starting point.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head

Oh welcome to the forum from central Ohio. Do as suggested and fill out profile.

And another note that your probably tired of:
I was not a big fan of your beer:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.