Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
SSR Believer
2,128 Posts
@Dickydo7172

I found the thread from 2017 where this was the problem - If it doesn't fix yours there is some great trouble shooting stuff here.
Post #11 describes swapping relays

I‘m keeping an eye on this thread, love a good mystery, and saving the other excellent thread in my JIC (just in case) file ‘cause you never know. Thanks Mark! (y)

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,471 Posts
@Dickydo7172

IN post #9 of this thread I mentioned switching the two UNLOCK relay to see if it made any difference - this is any easy thing to try but not very common. IMPORTANT do not use the lock relay. See pictures #1 and two for relay identification
Picture one is where drivers door unlock relay is located
Picture two is of rear fuse box - unlock relay is #24
You never replied in any of your various posts if you ever attempted this? If you did, what were the results.

If results were no change: Place a finger on top of the drivers door unlock relay. Using your other hand press the unlock button of the key fob. If you feel/hear a click from the relay - then the Body control Module (BCM) doing its job, lean towards door lock motor or wiring issues.

Another few things to check that should not be difficult.
1. Operate both door locks manually - Does the drivers door seem to be any harder to operate by hand - if so spraying a lubricant into the latch area made provide a temporary repair.
2. While holding the driver door lock knob -- try locking and unlocking the doors with key fob or button- if you feel the lock knob trying to move - you most likely have a door lock motor problem.

Please respond to this thread for more assistance.

Here is the way I seen the failures of the power door locks when one door lock will not function properly but other do operate normally. Listed from most common to some of the lease common failures. I would not suggest purchasing any replacement parts until some diagnostics are performed
1. Lock motor weak/bad requires replacement/rebuild of lock/latch assembly
2. Wiring or connector issue
3. Faulty unlock relay
4. Reset or reflash of BCM required.

·
Premium Member
2004 1SB, RED, 30,000 miles, one owner car, perfect car fax report.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Dickydo7172

IN post #9 of this thread I mentioned switching the two UNLOCK relay to see if it made any difference - this is any easy thing to try but not very common. IMPORTANT do not use the lock relay. See pictures #1 and two for relay identification
Picture one is where drivers door unlock relay is located
Picture two is of rear fuse box - unlock relay is #24
You never replied in any of your various posts if you ever attempted this? If you did, what were the results.

If results were no change: Place a finger on top of the drivers door unlock relay. Using your other hand press the unlock button of the key fob. If you feel/hear a click from the relay - then the Body control Module (BCM) doing its job, lean towards door lock motor or wiring issues.

Another few things to check that should not be difficult.
1. Operate both door locks manually - Does the drivers door seem to be any harder to operate by hand - if so spraying a lubricant into the latch area made provide a temporary repair.
2. While holding the driver door lock knob -- try locking and unlocking the doors with key fob or button- if you feel the lock knob trying to move - you most likely have a door lock motor problem.

Please respond to this thread for more assistance.

Here is the way I seen the failures of the power door locks when one door lock will not function properly but other do operate normally. Listed from most common to some of the lease common failures. I would not suggest purchasing any replacement parts until some diagnostics are performed
1. Lock motor weak/bad requires replacement/rebuild of lock/latch assembly
2. Wiring or connector issue
3. Faulty unlock relay
4. Reset or reflash of BCM required.

View attachment 595732

View attachment 595733
I'll check it out, THANKS! Richard

21 - 24 of 24 Posts